1. And Moses spoke to the heads of the tribes concerning the children of Israel, saying, “This is the thing which the LORD has commanded:
2. If a man vows a vow to the LORD, or swears an oath to bind himself with a bond, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that comes out of his mouth.
3. if a woman also vows a vow to the LORD, and binds herself by a bond, being in her father’s house in her youth,
4. And if her father hears her vow and her bond with which she has bound herself, and if her father is silent as to her, then all her vows shall stand, and every bond with which she has bound herself shall stand.
5. But if her father does not allow her vow in the day that he hears of it, none of her vows or her bonds with which she has bound herself shall stand. And the LORD shall forgive her because her father did not allow her.
6. And if she had a husband when she vowed, or if she said anything rash out of her lips with which she bound herself,
7. And if her husband heard and is silent as to her in the day that he heard, then her vows shall stand, and her bonds with which she bound herself shall stand.
8. But if her husband did not allow her on the day that he heard it, then he shall make her vow which she vowed, and that which she uttered with her lips, with which she bound herself, of no effect. And the LORD shall forgive her.
9. But every vow of a widow and of her who is divorced, all which she has bound on herself shall stand against her.
10. And if she vowed in her husband’s house, or bound herself by a bond with an oath,
11. And if her husband heard and is silent as to her, and did not forbid her, then all her vows shall stand, and every bond with which she bound herself shall stand.
12. But if her husband has certainly nullified them on the day he heard, whatever comes out of her lips concerning her vows or concerning the bond of herself, shall not stand. Her husband has nullified them. And the LORD shall forgive her.
13. Every vow and every binding oath to afflict herself, her husband may establish it, or her husband may nullify it.
14. But if her husband is altogether silent as to her from day to day, then he establishes all her vows or all her bonds which are on her. He confirms them because he was silent as to her in the day that he heard.
15. But if he at all nullifies them after he has heard, then he has borne her iniquity.”
16. These are the statutes which the LORD commanded Moses, between a man and his wife, between the father and his daughter in her youth in her father’s house.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved