1. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
2. “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them, ‘When a man (or woman) shall separate himself in order to vow the vow of a Nazarite, in order to separate himself to the LORD,
3. He shall separate from wine and strong drink and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink; neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes or dried.
4. All the days of his consecration he shall eat nothing that is made of the grapevine, from grape seeds even to a stem.
5. All the days of his vow to separate, no razor shall come upon his head. Until all the days are fulfilled in which he is consecrated to the LORD, he shall be holy. He shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.
6. All the days that he consecrates himself to the LORD, he shall not come near any dead body.
7. He shall not make himself unclean even for his father, or for his mother, or for his brother, or for his sister, when they die because his separation to his God is upon his head.
8. All the days of his consecration he is holy to the LORD.
9. And if any man dies very suddenly beside him, and he has defiled the head of his consecration, then he shall shave his head in the day of his cleansing, on the seventh day he shall shave it.
10. And on the eighth day he shall bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons to the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
11. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering, and make an atonement for him because he became contaminated by the dead, and shall make his head holy that same day.
12. And he shall set apart to the LORD the days of his consecration, and shall bring a lamb of the first year for a guilt offering. But the former days shall be lost because his consecration was defiled.
13. And this is the law of the Nazarite, when the days of his consecration are fulfilled, he shall be brought to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
14. And he shall offer his offering to the LORD: one male lamb of the first year without blemish for a burnt offering, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish for a sin offering, and one ram without blemish for peace offerings,
15. And a basket of unleavened cakes of fine flour, cakes mixed with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and their grain offerings and their drink offerings.
16. And the priest shall bring them before the LORD and shall offer his sin offering and his burnt offering.
17. And he shall offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD with the basket of unleavened bread. The priest shall offer also his grain offering and his drink offering.
18. And the Nazarite shall shave the head of his consecration at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall take the hair of the head of his consecration and put it in the fire under the sacrifice of the peace offerings.
19. And the priest shall take the boiled shoulder of the ram and one unleavened cake out of the basket, and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them on the hands of the Nazarite, after the hair of his separation has been shaved.
20. And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD. This is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and heave shoulder. And afterward the Nazarite may drink wine.
21. This is the law of the Nazarite who has vowed his offering to the LORD for his consecration, besides that which he is able to get. According to the vow which he vowed, so he must do according to the law of his consecration.’ ”
22. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
23. “Speak to Aaron and to his sons saying, ‘In this way you shall bless the children of Israel, saying to them,
24. “May the LORD bless you and keep you.
25. May the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you.
26. May the LORD lift up His face to you and give you peace.” ’
27. And they shall put My name upon the children of Israel. And I will bless them.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved