1. The vision of Obadiah. Thus says the Lord GOD concerning Edom—for we have heard a message from the LORD, and a messenger is sent among the nations saying, “Rise up, even let us rise up against her for battle.”
2. “Behold, I have given you to be small among the nations; you are greatly despised.
3. The pride of your heart has deceived you—you who dwell in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is up high, who says in his heart, ‘Who shall bring me down to the ground?’
4. Though you rise high like the eagle, and though you set your nest among the stars, I will bring you down from there,” says the LORD.
5. “If thieves came to you, if robbers by night (how you have been cut off!), would they not have stolen until they had enough? If the grape-gatherers came to you, would they not leave gleanings?
6. How are the things of Esau searched out! His hidden things are sought out!
7. All the men of your confederacy went with you only to the border; the men who were at peace with you have deceived you, and have defeated you. They are setting your bread as a snare under you; there is no understanding in them.
8. Shall I not in that day even destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau,” says the LORD?
9. “And your mighty ones, O Teman, shall be afraid, so that each man from the mount of Esau may be cut off by slaughter.
10. Shame shall cover you for the violence against your brother Jacob, and you shall be cut off forever.
11. On the day of your standing on the other side, on the day that the strangers were capturing his force, and foreigners entered his gates and cast lots for Jerusalem, even you were like one of them.
12. But you should not have looked on the day of your brother in the day of his disaster; nor should you have rejoiced over the children of Judah in the day of their destruction; nor should you have spoken arrogantly in the day of distress.
13. You should not have entered into the gate of My people in the day of their calamity; also, you should not have looked on their affliction in the day of their calamity. Nor should you have laid hands on their treasure in the day of their calamity.
14. Nor should you have stood on the crossroads to cut off those of his who escaped; nor should you have delivered up his survivors in the day of distress,
15. For the day of the LORD is near on all the nations; as you have done, it shall be done to you. Your reward shall return upon your own head,
16. For as you have drunk upon My holy mountain, so all the nations shall drink forever. Yes, they shall drink, and they shall swallow, and they shall be as though they had not existed.
17. But upon Mount Zion shall be deliverance; and there shall be holiness. And the house of Jacob shall possess their own possessions.
18. And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame. And the house of Esau shall be for stubble. And they shall kindle in them and burn them up. And no survivor shall be of the house of Esau;” for the LORD has spoken it.
19. And those of the south shall possess the mountain of Esau and the low country of the Philistines. And they shall possess the fields of Ephraim and the fields of Samaria; and Benjamin shall possess Gilead.
20. And the exiles of this army shall go to the children of Israel who shall possessthe land of the Canaanites to Zarephath; even the exiles of Jerusalem who are in Sepharad shall possess the cities of the south.
21. And deliverers shall go up into the mountain of Zion to judge the mountain of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD’S.
HRHNpfor we have heardH8085
HNcfsafrom the LORD,H3068
HNpand a messengerH6735
HVPp3msamong the nationsH1471
HRdHNcmpasaying, "Rise up,H6965
HVqv2mpeven let us rise upH6965
HNcmscof your heartH3820
HNcmscHSp2mshas deceived you—H5377
HVhp3msHSp2msyou who dwellH7931
HVqrmscin the cleftsH2288
HRHNcmpcof the rock,H5553
HVqrmsain his heart,H3820
HTishall bring me downH3381
HCyou rise highH1361
HVhi2mslike the eagle,H5404
HNcmpaI will bring you downH3381
HTiyou have been cut off!),H1820
HVNp2mswould they notH3808
HVqi3mpuntil they had enough?H1767
HRHSp2mswould they notH3808
HNcmpcof your confederacyH1285
HNcfscHSp2mswent with youH7971
HNcmpcwho were at peaceH7965
HNcmscHSp2mswith you have deceived you,H5377
HRHSp2msThey are settingH7760
HNcbscHSp2msas a snareH4204
Shall I notH3808
HCHVhq1csthe wise menH2450
HAampaout of Edom,H123
HCHNcfsaout of the mountH2022
"And your mighty ones,H1368
HNpshall be afraid,H2865
HNcmsafrom the mountH2022
HNpmay be cut offH3772
On the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof your standingH5975
HVqcHSp2mson the other side,H5048
HRHRon the dayH3117
HRHNcmscthat the strangersH2114
But you should notH408
HVqj2mson the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof your brotherH251
HNcmscHSp2msin the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof his disaster;H5235
HCHTnshould you have rejoicedH8055
HVqj2msover the childrenH1121
HNpin the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof their destruction;H6
HCHTnshould you have spokenH6310
HVhj2msin the dayH3117
You should notH408
HVqj2msinto the gateH8179
HRHNcmscof My peopleH5971
HNcmscHSp1csin the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof their calamity;H343
HVqj2mson their afflictionH7451
HRHNcfscHSp3msin the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof their calamity.H343
HCHTnshould you have laid handsH7971
HVqj2fpon their treasureH2428
HRHNcmscHSp3msin the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof their calamity.H343
HCHTnshould you have stoodH5975
HTdHNcmsato cut offH3772
HTothose of his who escaped;H6412
HCHTnshould you have delivered upH5462
HNcmpcHSp3msin the dayH3117
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHTryou have done,H6213
HVqp2msit shall be doneH6213
HVqi3msupon your own head,H7218
HRHTryou have drunkH8354
HNcmsaYes, they shall drink,H8354
HCHVqq3cpand they shall swallow,H3886
HCHVqq3cpand they shall beH1961
HCHVqq3cpas though they had notH3808
But upon MountH2022
HNcfsaand there shall beH1961
HNcmsaAnd the houseH1004
HTotheir own possessions.H4180
And the houseH1004
HNcbsaand the houseH1004
HNcfsaAnd the houseH1004
HNpshall befor stubble.H7179
HRHNcmsaAnd they shall kindleH1814
HRHSp3mpand burn them up.H398
HVqi3msof the houseH1004
HNphas spoken it.H1696
And those of the southH5045
HNpand the low countryH8219
HToof the Philistines.H6430
HNgmpaAnd they shall possessH3423
And the exilesH1546
HTdHNcmsashall goto the childrenH1121
HTrshall possess the land of the CanaanitesH3669
HNpeven the exilesH1546
HNcfpcof the south.H5045
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved