1. Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus, and Timothy, a brother, to Philemon, our beloved and fellow worker,
2. And to Apphia, our beloved, and to Archippus, our fellow soldier, and to the church that meets in your house:
3. Grace and peace be to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank my God, always making mention of you in my prayers,
5. Having heard of your love and the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all the saints,
6. So that the fellowship of your faith may become effective in the acknowledgment of every good thing that is in you toward Christ Jesus.
7. For we have great joy and encouragement on account of your love, because by you, brother, the saints have been refreshed unto the innermost parts of their beings.
8. Therefore, I have much boldness in Christ to require of you that which is fitting,
9. Yet for the sake of love I am encouraging you to do it instead, being such a one as Paul the aged, and now also the prisoner of Jesus Christ.
10. I beseech you for my son, Onesimus, whom I begot in my bonds;
11. Who was once of no service to you, but now he is profitable both to you and to me; whom I am sending back to you.
12. But you (as if from the innermost part of my being) receive him,
13. Whom I was desiring to retain with me, so that in your stead he might serve me while I am in prison for the gospel’s sake.
14. But without your consent I would do nothing, so that your good deed might not be of constraint, but of willingness.
15. For perhaps on account of this he was separated from you for a time in order that you might receive him for eternity;
16. No longer as a slave, but above a slave—as a beloved brother, especially to me, and how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord?
17. If therefore you count me as a partner, receive him as if he were me;
18. But if in anything he has wronged you or owes you, charge it to my account.
19. I, Paul, wrote this with my own hand; I will repay. I say this although (as I could say to you, but have not) you yourself are likewise indebted to me.
20. Yes, brother, so that I may have this benefit from you in the Lord, refresh me in the Lord, even to the innermost part of my being.
21. I wrote to you because I am fully persuaded of your willing compliance, knowing that you will do above and beyond what I have asked.
22. But in addition, also prepare lodging for me; for I hope that through your prayers I will be granted release to you.
24. As do also Mark, Aristarchus, Demas and Luke, my fellow workers.
25. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. To Philemon, written from Rome,delivered by Onesimus, a servant
N-DSFthat meets inG2596
PREPaccount of yourG4675
A-GPMhave been refreshedG373
T-NPNinnermost parts of their beings.G4698
ADVfor the sake ofG1223
N-ASFI am encouragingG3870
V-PAI-1Syou to do it instead, beingG5607
V-PXP-NSMsuch a oneG5108
Who was onceG4218
PRTof no serviceG890
A-ASMboth to youG4671
R-ASMI am sending backG375
PREPhe might serveG1247
P-1DSwhile I am inG1722
A-NSNdeed might notG3361
ADVon account ofG1223
D-ASNhe was separatedG5563
V-API-3Sfrom you forG4314
N-ASFin order thatG2443
CONJyou might receiveG568
N-ASMas a belovedG27
T-DSFwith my ownG1699
CONJ(as I could say toG2443
P-2DSbut have not)G3361
N-VSMso that IG1473
P-1NSmay have this benefitG3685
N-DSMeven to theG3588
T-APNinnermost part of my being.G4698
P-2GSbecause I am fully persuaded ofG3982
CONJyou will doG4160
R-APNI have asked.G3004
CONJin addition, alsoG260
N-GPFI will be granted releaseG5483
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved