1. A wise son heeds his father’s instruction, but a scorner does not hear rebuke.
2. A man shall eat good from the fruit of his mouth, but the soul of the transgressor shall eat violence.
3. He who keeps his mouth keeps his life, but he who opens his lips wide shall have destruction.
4. The soul of the sluggard desires and has nothing, but the soul of the diligent shall be abundantly gratified.
5. The righteous hates lying, but the wicked one is loathsome and comes to shame.
6. Righteousness guards the one who is upright in the way, but wickedness overthrows the sinner.
7. There are those who pretend to be rich, yet have nothing; and those who pretend to be poor, yet have great riches.
8. The ransom of a man’s life is his riches, but the poor does not hear rebuke.
9. The light of the righteous rejoices, but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.
10. Only by pride comes contention, but with those who take advice is wisdom.
11. Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished, but he who gathers by labor shall increase.
12. Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when desire is fulfilled it is a tree of life.
13. Whoever despises the Word shall be destroyed, but he who fears the commandment shall be rewarded.
14. The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
15. Good understanding gives favor, but the way of transgressors is hard.
16. Every prudent man deals with knowledge, but a fool lays open his folly.
17. A wicked messenger falls into mischief, but a faithful ambassador is health.
18. Poverty and shame shall be to him who refuses instruction, but he who regards correction shall be honored.
19. The desire fulfilled is sweet to the soul, but it is an abomination to fools to turn from evil.
20. He who walks with wise men shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
21. Evil pursues sinners, but to the righteous good shall be repaid.
22. A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the righteous.
23. Much food is in the tillage of the poor, but there is that which is destroyed for lack of judgment.
24. He who spares his rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.
25. The righteous eats to the satisfying of his soul, but the belly of the wicked suffers want.
HAamsamanleaves an inheritanceH5157
HVhi3msto his children'sH1121
HNcmpaand the wealthH2428
HNcmscof the sinnerH2398
HCHVqsmsafor the righteous.H6662
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved