1. Do not be envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them,
2. For their heart studies destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.
3. Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established;
4. And by knowledge the rooms shall be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
5. A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increases strength,
6. For by wise counsel you shall make your war; and in a multitude of wise counselors there is safety.
7. Wisdom is too high for a fool; he does not open his mouth in the gate.
8. He who plots to do evil shall be called a master of devious thoughts.
9. The thought of foolishness is sin, and the scorner is an abomination to men.
10. If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.
11. Rescue those being drawn to death, and hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.
12. If you say, “Behold, we did not know it,” does not He who searches the heart consider it? And the Keeper of your soul, does He not know? And does He not repay to every man according to his works?
13. My son, eat honey because it is good; and the honeycomb is sweet to your palate;
14. So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul; when you have found it, then there shall be a reward, and your hope shall not be cut off.
15. O wicked man, do not lie in ambush against the dwelling of the righteous; do not spoil his resting place;
16. For a righteous one falls seven times, and rises up again; but the wicked shall fall into evil.
17. Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles,
18. Lest the LORD see, and it displease Him, and He turns away His wrath from him.
19. Do not fret yourself because of evil men, nor be envious of the wicked;
20. For there shall not be a reward to the evil man; the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.
21. My son, fear the LORD and the king; and do not fellowship with those who are given to change;
24. He who says to the wicked, “You are righteous,” the people shall curse him and nations shall abhor him.
25. But to those who rebuke him, it shall be a delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.
26. He shall kiss the lips of him who gives a right answer.
27. Prepare your work outside, and make it fit for yourself in the field; and afterwards build your house.
28. Do not be a witness against your neighbor without cause, nor deceive with your lips.
29. Do not say, “I will do so to him as he has done to me; I will give to the man according to his work.”
30. I went by the field of the lazy man and by the vineyard of the man without understanding,
31. And, behold, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face of it, and its stone wall was broken down.
32. Then I saw and considered it well; I looked upon it and I received instruction.
33. Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to lie down,
HTmwe did notH3808
HVqi3msit? And the KeeperH5341
HCHVqrmsaof your soul,H5315
HVqi3msAnd does He not repayH7725
HCHVhq3msto every manH120
HRHNcmsaaccording to his works?H6467
HNcfsabeto your soul;H5315
HCyou have foundH4672
HVqp2msit, then there shall beH3426
HNcfsaand your hopeH8615
HTnbe cut off.H3772
HRdHNcmsaand make it fitH6257
HRHSp2fsin the field;H7704
HVqj2ms"I will doH6213
HRHTrhe has doneH6213
HRHSp1csI will giveH7725
HVhi1csto the manH376
HRdHNcmsaaccording to his work."H6467
HCHTmit was allH3605
HVPp3cpthe face of it,H6440
HNcbpcHSp3msand its stoneH68
HCHNcmscwas broken down.H2040
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved