1. O children, hear the instruction of a father, and be attentive in order to know understanding,
2. For I give you good doctrine; do not forsake my law,
3. For I was my father’s son, tender and the only beloved in the sight of my mother.
5. Get wisdom; get understanding; forget it not, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
6. Do not forsake her, and she shall keep you; love her, and she shall preserve you.
7. Wisdom is the principal thing; get wisdom; and with all your getting get understanding.
8. Exalt her, and she shall promote you; she shall bring you honor when you embrace her.
9. She shall place upon your head a garland of grace; she shall bestow upon you a crown of glory.”
10. Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of your life shall be many.
11. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in the right paths.
12. When you go, your steps shall not be hampered, and when you run, you shall not stumble.
13. Keep hold of instruction; do not let go; keep her, for she is your life.
14. Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not into the way of evil men.
15. Avoid it; do not go in it; turn from it, and pass on!
16. For they do not sleep except when they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away unless they cause some to fall,
17. For they eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
18. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shines more and more to the perfect day.
19. The way of the wicked is as darkness; they know not at what they stumble.
20. My son, attend to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.
21. Let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart,
22. For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.
23. Above all guard the door of your mind Alternate reading is “guard your heart” with diligence, for out of it are the issues of life.
24. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, and devious lips put far from you.
25. Let your eyes look right on, and let your eyelids look straight before you.
26. Ponder the path of your feet, and all your ways will be established.
27. Do not turn to the right hand nor to the left; remove your foot from evil.
He also taught me,H3384
HRHSp1cs"Let your heartH3820
HCthey do notH3808
HCthey have done mischief;H7489
HVhi3mpand their sleepH8142
HNcfscHSp3mpis taken awayH1497
HTnthey cause some to fall,H3782
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved