BOOK FOUR (PSALMS 90-106) (see Appendix B)
A Prayer of Moses, the man of God.
1. O LORD, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.
2. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting You are God.
3. You turn man over to destruction, and say, “Return, you children of men.”
4. For a thousand years in Your sight are as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
5. You carry them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep; in the morning they are like grass which grows up.
6. In the morning it sprouts and shoots up; in the evening it is cut down and dries up,
7. For we are consumed by Your anger, and by Your wrath we are troubled.
8. You have set our iniquities before You, our secret sins in the light of Your face,
9. For all our days pass away in Your wrath; we finish our years as with a sigh.
10. The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they are fourscore years, yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for it is soon cut off and we fly away.
11. Who knows the power of Your anger, and Your wrath according to the fear that is due to You?
12. So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.
13. Return, O LORD! How long? And show compassion to Your servants.
14. O satisfy us in the morning with Your mercy, so that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
15. Make us glad according to the days wherein you have afflicted us, the years in which we have seen evil.
16. Let Your work appear unto Your servants and Your glory unto their children.
17. And let the graciousness of the LORD our God be upon us; and establish the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands, establish it.
HNcmpawere brought forth,H3205
HVPi3mpor ever You had formedH2342
HNcbsaand the world,H8398
HCHNcfsaeven from everlastingH5769
HNcfpain Your sightH5869
HCit is past,H5674
HVqi3msand as a watchH821
HCHNcfsain the night.H3915
You carry them away as with a flood;H2229
HVqp2msHSp3mpthey are as a sleep;H8142
HNcfsain the morningH1242
HRdHNcmsathey are likeH1961
HRdHNcmsawhich grows up.H2498
In the morningH1242
HVhi3msand shoots up;H2498
HCHVqq3msin the eveningH6153
HRdHNcmsait is cut downH4135
HVmi3msand dries up,H3001
HCwe are consumedH3615
HVqp1cpby Your anger,H639
HRHNcmscHSp2msand by Your wrathH2534
HCHRHNcfscHSp2mswe are troubled.H926
You have setH7896
HRHRHSp2msour secret sinsH5956
HVqsmscHSp1cpin the lightH3974
HRHNcmscof Your face,H6440
HVqp3cpin Your wrath;H5678
HRwith a sigh.H1899
HNcmpcof our yearsH8141
HNcfsaand ten; and ifH518
HCHCby reason of strengthH1369
HRHNcfpathey are fourscoreH8084
HNcfsayet their spanH7296
HCHNcmscHSp3mpis but troubleH5999
HCit is soonH2440
HVqp3msand we fly away.H5774
HNcmscof Your anger,H639
HNcmscHSp2msand Your wrathH5678
HNcfscHSp2msaccording to the fear that is due to You?H3374
HVhv2msus to numberH4487
HNcmpcHSp1cpthat we may applyH935
HTiAnd show compassionH5162
O satisfy usH7646
HVpv2msHSp1cpin the morningH1242
HRdHNcmsawith Your mercy,H2617
HNcmscHSp2msso that we may rejoiceH7442
HCHVph1cpand be gladH8055
Make us gladH8055
HVpv2msHSp1cpaccording to the daysH3117
HRHNcmpcwherein you have afflicted us,H6031
HNcfpcin which we have seenH7200
Let Your workH6467
HNcmpcHSp2msand Your gloryH1926
And let the graciousnessH5278
HNcmscof the LORDH136
HCHNcmscof our handsH3027
HRHSp1cpyea, the workH4639
HCHNcmscof our hands,H3027
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved