BOOK FOUR (PSALMS 90-106) (see Appendix B)
A Prayer of Moses, the man of God.
1. O LORD, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.
2. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting You are God.
3. You turn man over to destruction, and say, “Return, you children of men.”
4. For a thousand years in Your sight are as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
5. You carry them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep; in the morning they are like grass which grows up.
6. In the morning it sprouts and shoots up; in the evening it is cut down and dries up,
7. For we are consumed by Your anger, and by Your wrath we are troubled.
8. You have set our iniquities before You, our secret sins in the light of Your face,
9. For all our days pass away in Your wrath; we finish our years as with a sigh.
10. The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they are fourscore years, yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for it is soon cut off and we fly away.
11. Who knows the power of Your anger, and Your wrath according to the fear that is due to You?
12. So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.
13. Return, O LORD! How long? And show compassion to Your servants.
14. O satisfy us in the morning with Your mercy, so that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
15. Make us glad according to the days wherein you have afflicted us, the years in which we have seen evil.
16. Let Your work appear unto Your servants and Your glory unto their children.
17. And let the graciousness of the LORD our God be upon us; and establish the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands, establish it.
HNcmpawere brought forth,H3205
HVPi3mpor ever You had formedH2342
HNcbsaand the world,H8398
HCHNcfsaeven from everlastingH5769
HNcfpain Your sightH5869
HCit is past,H5674
HVqi3msand as a watchH821
HCHNcfsain the night.H3915
HNcmpcof our yearsH8141
HNcfsaand ten; and ifH518
HCHCby reason of strengthH1369
HRHNcfpathey are fourscoreH8084
HNcfsayet their spanH7296
HCHNcmscHSp3mpis but troubleH5999
HCit is soonH2440
HVqp3msand we fly away.H5774
And let the graciousnessH5278
HNcmscof the LORDH136
HCHNcmscof our handsH3027
HRHSp1cpyea, the workH4639
HCHNcmscof our hands,H3027
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved