1. Why do You stand afar off, O LORD? Why do You hide Yourself in times of trouble?
2. The wicked in his pride pursues the poor; let them be taken in the schemes that they have imagined,
3. For the wicked boasts of his heart’s desire, and blesses the covetous but despises the LORD.
4. Through the pride of his countenance the wicked will not seek God; in all his thoughts there is no place for God.
5. His ways prosper at all times. He is haughty, and Your judgments are far from him. As for all his enemies, he sneers at them.
6. He has said in his heart, “I shall not be moved; from generation to generation, I shall never be in adversity.”
7. His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud; under his tongue are mischief and iniquity.
8. He sits in the hiding places of the villages; in the secret places he murders the innocent. His eyes are on the watch for the helpless.
9. He lies in wait secretly like a lion in his den. He lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags him off in his net.
10. He crouches and bows down, and the hapless fall into his mighty grasp.
11. He has said in his heart, “God has forgotten; He hides His face; He will never see!”
12. Arise, O LORD; O God, lift up Your hand; forget not the humble.
13. Why do the wicked spurn God? He has said in his heart, “You will not call into account.”
14. You have seen it, for You behold mischief and vexation to repay it with Your hand. The poor commits himself to You; You are the Helper of the fatherless.
15. Break the arm of the wicked and the evil one; seek out his wickedness until You find none.
16. The LORD is King forever and ever; the nations have perished out of His land.
17. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart, You will cause Your ear to hear,
18. To defend the fatherless and the oppressed, so that the man of the earth may no more oppress.
Through the prideH1363
HRHNcmscof his countenanceH639
HVqi3msGod; in allH3605
HNcfpcHSp3msthere is noH369
HTnplace for God.H430
HNcbsaHe is haughty,H4791
HNcmsaand Your judgmentsH4941
HNcmpcHSp2msare far from him.H5048
HRHRHSp3msAs for allH3605
He has saidH559
HVqp3msin his heart,H3820
HRHNcmscHSp3ms"I shall notH1077
HVqi3msin the hiding placesH3993
HRHNcmscof the villages;H2691
HNcbpain the secret placesH4565
HNcbdcHSp3msare on the watchH6845
HVqi3mpfor the helpless.H2489
He lies in waitH693
HRdHNcmsalike a lionH738
HRHNcmsain his den.H5520
HRHNcmscHSp3msHe lies in waitH693
HAamsaand drags him offH4900
HRHVqcHSp3msin his net.H7568
HVqp2msit, for You beholdH5027
HRHVqcit with Your hand.H3027
HVqi3mshimself to You;H5921
HVqrmsaof the fatherless.H3490
HNpYou have heardH8085
HNcfscof the humble;H6035
HAampaYou will prepareH3559
HNcmscHSp3mpYou will cause Your earH241
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved