To the Chief Musician. On an eight-stringed harp. A Psalm of David.
1. Help, O LORD, for the godly man ceases; for the faithful disappear from among the children of men.
2. They speak falsehood each one with his neighbor; with flattering lips and a double heart they speak.
3. The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaks proud things,
4. Who have said, “With our tongue we shall prevail; our lips are our own; who is lord over us?”
5. “For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, I will now arise,” says the LORD. “I will set him in safety from him who puffs at him.”
7. You shall keep them, O LORD; You shall preserve them from this generation forever.
8. The wicked walk on every side when vileness is exalted among the sons of men.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved