A Song of degrees.
1. O LORD, remember David and all his afflictions,
2. How he swore to the LORD; and he vowed unto the Mighty One of Jacob:
3. “Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
4. I will not give sleep to my eyes, nor slumber to my eyelids,
5. Until I find out a place for the LORD, a habitation for the Mighty One of Jacob.”
6. Lo, we heard of it at Ephrathah; we found it in the fields of the woods.
7. Let us go unto His tabernacle; let us worship at His footstool.
8. Arise, O LORD, into Your rest; You and the ark of Your strength.
9. Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness, and let Your saints shout for joy.
10. For Your servant David’s sake, turn not away the face of Your anointed.
11. The LORD has sworn to David in truth; He will not turn from it: “Of the fruit of your body will I set upon the throne for you.
12. If your children keep My covenant and My testimonies which I shall teach them, their sons shall also sit upon your throne forever.”
13. The LORD has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His habitation:
14. “This is My resting place forever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
15. I will abundantly bless her provision; I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16. I also will clothe her priests with salvation, and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
17. There I will make the horn of David to bud; I have prepared a lamp for My anointed.
18. I will clothe his enemies with shame; upon himself shall his crown shine.”
HNcfsaHe will notH3808
HRHSp3fs"Of the fruitH6529
HRHNcmscof your bodyH990
HNcfscHSp2mswill I setH7896
HVqi1csupon the throneH3678
HNcfscHSp1csand My testimoniesH5713
HPdxfsI shall teach them,H3925
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved