1. By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down; yea, we wept when we remembered Zion.
2. We hung our lyres on the willows in the midst of it,
3. For there our captors demanded a song from us; and our tormentors demanded joy, saying, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion.”
4. How shall we sing the LORD’S song in a foreign land?
5. If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its cunning.
6. If I do not remember you, let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth—if I do not set Jerusalem above my chief joy.
7. Remember, O LORD, concerning the sons of Edom in the day of Jerusalem, who said, “Raze it! Raze it! Even to its foundation!”
8. O daughter of Babylon, O you who are to be destroyed! Blessed is he who will repay to you your reward which you rewarded to us.
9. Happy shall he be who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved