A Prayer of David.
1. Hear the right, O LORD; attend unto my cry; give ear unto my prayer, for it is not from lips of deceit.
2. Let my judgment come forth from Your presence; let Your eyes behold things that are upright.
3. You have tried my heart; You have visited me in the night; You have tested me, and You shall find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4. Concerning the works of men, by the words of Your lips, I have kept myself from the paths of the violent.
5. My steps have held fast to Your paths, my feet have not slipped.
6. I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God; incline Your ear to me; hear my speech.
7. Show Your marvelous lovingkindness, O Savior of those seeking refuge in You; by Your right hand save them from those who rise up against them.
8. Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me under the shadow of Your wings
9. From the face of the wicked who oppress me—my deadly enemies who encircle me.
10. They have closed their pitiless hearts; with their mouth they speak proudly.
11. They have now surrounded us in our steps. They have set their eyes to cast us down to the earth,
12. They are like a lion that longs to tear his prey, and like a young lion stalking in secret places.
13. Arise, O LORD, confront him, bring him down; deliver my soul from the wicked by Your sword,
14. From men by Your hand, O LORD, from men of the world whose portion is in this life, and whose belly You fill with Your treasure. They are full of children, and will leave their riches to their babes.
15. As for me, I will behold Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Your likeness.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved