A Prayer of David.
1. Hear the right, O LORD; attend unto my cry; give ear unto my prayer, for it is not from lips of deceit.
2. Let my judgment come forth from Your presence; let Your eyes behold things that are upright.
3. You have tried my heart; You have visited me in the night; You have tested me, and You shall find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4. Concerning the works of men, by the words of Your lips, I have kept myself from the paths of the violent.
5. My steps have held fast to Your paths, my feet have not slipped.
6. I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God; incline Your ear to me; hear my speech.
7. Show Your marvelous lovingkindness, O Savior of those seeking refuge in You; by Your right hand save them from those who rise up against them.
8. Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me under the shadow of Your wings
9. From the face of the wicked who oppress me—my deadly enemies who encircle me.
10. They have closed their pitiless hearts; with their mouth they speak proudly.
11. They have now surrounded us in our steps. They have set their eyes to cast us down to the earth,
12. They are like a lion that longs to tear his prey, and like a young lion stalking in secret places.
13. Arise, O LORD, confront him, bring him down; deliver my soul from the wicked by Your sword,
14. From men by Your hand, O LORD, from men of the world whose portion is in this life, and whose belly You fill with Your treasure. They are full of children, and will leave their riches to their babes.
15. As for me, I will behold Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Your likeness.
HVhv2msHShunto my cry;H7440
HVhv2msHShunto my prayer,H8605
HNcfscHSp1csfor it is notH3808
You have triedH974
HNcmscHSp1csYou have visitedH6485
HVqp2msme in the night;H3915
HNcmsaYou have tested me,H6884
HVqp2msHSp1csand You shall findH4672
HTnI have purposedH2161
HPp1cshave called upon You,H7121
HCYou will answer me,H6030
Show Your marvelousH6395
HVhrmsaof those seeking refugeH2620
HVqrmpain You; by Your right handH3225
HRHNcfscHSp2mssave themfrom those who rise upH6965
HNcbpcHSp3msbring him down;H3766
HNcbscHSp1csfrom the wickedH7563
HRHAamsaby Your sword,H2719
HRHNcmpaby Your hand,H3027
HRHNcmpaof the worldH2465
HNcmscHSp3mpis in this life,H2416
HRdHNcmpaand whose bellyH990
HVpi2mswith Your treasure.H6845
HCHVqsmscHSp2msThey are fullH7646
HNcmpaand will leaveH3240
HNcmscHSp3mpto their babes.H5768
Copyright © 2024 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved