To the Chief Musician, “on the deer of the dawn.” A Psalm of David.
1. My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me, and why are You so far from helping Me, and from the words of My groaning?
2. O my God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not answer; and in the night season, and am not silent.
3. Yet You are holy, O You enthroned upon the praises of Israel.
4. Our fathers trusted in You; they trusted, and You delivered them.
5. They cried to You and were delivered; they trusted in You and were not ashamed.
6. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men and despised by the people.
7. All who see Me mock Me; they shoot out the lip; they shake the head, saying,
8. “He trusted on the LORD; let Him deliver Him; let Him rescue Him, since He delights in Him!”
9. For You are He who took Me out of the womb, causing Me to trust while on My mother’s breasts.
10. I was cast upon You from birth; You are My God from My mother’s womb.
11. Be not far from Me; for trouble is near, for there is none to help.
12. Many bulls have encircled around Me; strong bulls of Bashan have surrounded Me.
13. They opened wide their mouths at Me, like a ravening and a roaring lion.
14. I am poured out like water, and all My bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of My bowels.
15. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and My tongue clings to My jaws;
16. Dogs have surrounded Me; a band of evildoers have encircled Me; they have pierced My hands and My feet; and You have brought Me into the dust of death.
17. I can count all My bones; they look and gloat over Me.
18. They divide My garments among them and cast lots upon My vesture.
19. But You, O LORD, be not far from Me; O My strength, hasten to help Me!
20. Deliver My soul from the sword, My precious life from the power of the dog.
21. Save Me from the lion’s mouth; yea, and from the wild ox’s horns. You have answered Me.
22. I will declare Your name to My brethren; in the midst of the congregation I will praise You.
23. You who fear the LORD, praise Him; all of you, the seed of Jacob, glorify Him; and stand in awe of Him all of you, the seed of Israel,
24. For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; and He has not hidden His face from him, but when he cried to Him, He heard.
25. From You comes my praise in the great congregation; I will pay my vows before those who fear Him.
26. The meek shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD shall praise Him; may your heart live forever.
27. All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before You,
28. For the kingdom is the LORD’S and He rules over the nations.
29. All the rich of the earth shall eat and worship; all those who go down to the dust shall bow before Him; even he who cannot keep his own soul alive.
30. A seed shall serve Him; it shall be told of the LORD to the coming generation.
31. They shall come and shall declare His righteousness unto a people that shall yet be born, that He has done this.
To the Chief Musician,H5329
HRdHVprmsa"on the deerH365
HRHTihave You forsaken Me,H5800
HVqp2msHSp1csand why are You so farH7350
HAamsafrom helping Me,H3444
HRHNcfscHSp1csand from the wordsH1697
HNcmpcof My groaning?H7581
I am poured outH8210
HNcfpcHSp1csare out of joint;H6504
HRdHNcmsait is meltedH4549
HVNp3msin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof My bowels.H4578
HNcmscHSp1csis dried upH3001
HVqp3mslike a potsherd,H2789
HRdHNcmsaand My tongueH3956
HVHsmsato My jaws;H4455
HNcmpahave surrounded Me;H5437
HVhrmpahave encircled Me;H5362
HVhp3cpHSp1csthey have piercedH3738
HNcbdcHSp1csand My feet;H7272
HCHNcfdcHSp1csand You have brought Me into the dust of death.
You who fearH3373
HNcmscof you, the seedH2233
HVpv2mpHSp3msand stand in aweH1481
HNcmscof you, the seedH2233
HCHe has notH3808
HNcfscof the afflicted;H6041
HAamsaand He has notH3808
HRHSp3msbut when he criedH7768
HVqi3mpand be satisfied;H7646
HCHVqi3mpthose who seekH1875
HVpi3mpHim; may your heartH3824
HNcmpcof the earthH776
HNcfpcof the nationsH1471
HAampcof the earthH776
HNcmscthose who go downH3381
HVqrmpcto the dustH6083
HRHNcbpcHSp3mseven he who cannotH3808
HTnkeep his own soulH5315
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved