To the Chief Musician, for flutes. A Psalm of David.
1. Give ear to my words, O LORD; consider my meditation.
2. Hearken to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for to You do I pray.
3. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct my prayer to You, and I will look up,
4. For You are not a God that has pleasure in wickedness; nor shall evil dwell with You.
5. The boasters shall not stand in Your sight. You hate all workers of iniquity.
6. You shall destroy those who speak lies; the LORD abhors the bloody and deceitful man.
7. But I, in the abundance of Your lovingkindness, I will come into Your house; I will bow down in Your fear toward Your holy temple.
8. Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; make Your way straight before my face,
9. For there is no truth in their mouth; their inward part is destruction; their throat is an open grave; they flatter with their tongue.
10. Hold them guilty, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, for they have rebelled against You.
11. But let all who put their trust in You rejoice; let them always shout for joy because You defend them. And let those who love Your name exult to be extremely joyfulin You,
12. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved