A Song. A Psalm for the sons of Korah. To the Chief Musician. “On Mahalath, to make humble.” A Poem of Heman the Ezrahite.
1. O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before You.
2. Let my prayer come before You; bow down Your ear to my cry,
3. For my soul is full of troubles, and my life draws near the grave.
4. I am counted with those who go down to the pit; I am like a feeble man with no strength;
5. Set apart among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom You remember no more; and they are cut off from Your hand.
6. You have laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
7. Your wrath lies hard upon me, and You have afflicted me with all Your waves. Selah.
8. You have put my acquaintance far away from me; You have made me an abomination to them. I am shut up, and I cannot come forth.
9. My eyes mourn because of affliction; O LORD, daily I have called upon You; I have stretched out my hands to You.
10. Will You show wonders to the dead? Shall the dead rise and praise You? Selah.
11. Shall Your lovingkindness be declared in the grave? Or Your faithfulness in destruction?
12. Shall Your wonders be known in the dark, and Your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
13. But to You I have cried, O LORD; and in the morning my prayer shall come before You.
14. O LORD, why do You cast off my soul? Why do You hide Your face from me?
15. From my youth I have been afflicted and close to death; I have suffered Your terrors and am in despair.
16. Your fierce wrath goes over me; Your terrors have cut me off.
17. They surrounded me like waters all the day long; they have come together all around me.
18. You have taken lover and friend far from me, and my acquaintances into darkness.
HNcmsafor the sonsH1121
HNpTo thebr>Chief Musician.H5329
HNcfsato make humble."H6031
HNcmpcof my salvation,H3444
HNcfscHSp1csI have criedH6817
HAamsaamong the dead,H4191
HVqrmpcin the grave,H6913
HCHPp3mpare cut offH1504
HVNp3cpfrom Your hand.H3027
You have put my acquaintanceH3045
HRHSp1csYou have made meH7896
HRHSp3mpI am shut up,H3607
HVqsmsaand I cannotH3808
HNcmsaI have called upon You;H7121
HVqp1csHSp2msI have stretched outH7849
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved