A Song. A Psalm for the sons of Korah. To the Chief Musician. “On Mahalath, to make humble.” A Poem of Heman the Ezrahite.
1. O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before You.
2. Let my prayer come before You; bow down Your ear to my cry,
3. For my soul is full of troubles, and my life draws near the grave.
4. I am counted with those who go down to the pit; I am like a feeble man with no strength;
5. Set apart among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom You remember no more; and they are cut off from Your hand.
6. You have laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
7. Your wrath lies hard upon me, and You have afflicted me with all Your waves. Selah.
8. You have put my acquaintance far away from me; You have made me an abomination to them. I am shut up, and I cannot come forth.
9. My eyes mourn because of affliction; O LORD, daily I have called upon You; I have stretched out my hands to You.
10. Will You show wonders to the dead? Shall the dead rise and praise You? Selah.
11. Shall Your lovingkindness be declared in the grave? Or Your faithfulness in destruction?
12. Shall Your wonders be known in the dark, and Your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
13. But to You I have cried, O LORD; and in the morning my prayer shall come before You.
14. O LORD, why do You cast off my soul? Why do You hide Your face from me?
15. From my youth I have been afflicted and close to death; I have suffered Your terrors and am in despair.
16. Your fierce wrath goes over me; Your terrors have cut me off.
17. They surrounded me like waters all the day long; they have come together all around me.
18. You have taken lover and friend far from me, and my acquaintances into darkness.
HNcmsafor the sonsH1121
HNpTo thebr>Chief Musician.H5329
HNcfsato make humble."H6031
HNcmpcof my salvation,H3444
HNcfscHSp1csI have criedH6817
Let my prayerH8605
HNcfscHSp2msto my cry,H7440
HRHNcfpaand my lifeH2416
I am countedH2803
HRthose who go downH3381
HVqrmpcto the pit;H953
HVqp1cslike a feeble manH1397
HAamsaamong the dead,H4191
HVqrmpcin the grave,H6913
HCHPp3mpare cut offH1504
HVNp3cpfrom Your hand.H3027
You have laid meH7896
HVqp2msHSp1csin the lowestH8482
HRHNcmpain the deeps.H4688
HRHSp1csand You have afflictedH6031
HVpp2msme with allH3605
You have put my acquaintanceH3045
HRHSp1csYou have made meH7896
HRHSp3mpI am shut up,H3607
HVqsmsaand I cannotH3808
HNcmsaI have called upon You;H7121
HVqp1csHSp2msI have stretched outH7849
Will You showH6213
HNcmsato the dead?H4191
HVqi3mpand praise You?H3034
Shall Your lovingkindnessH2617
HTiHVPi3msin the grave?H6913
HRdHNcmsaOr Your faithfulnessH530
Shall Your wondersH6382
HTiHVNi3msin the dark,H2822
HRdHNcmsaand Your righteousnessH6666
HCHNcfscHSp2msin the landH776
But to YouH413
HNpand in the morningH1242
HNcfscHSp1csshall come before You.H6923
HNpwhy do You cast offH2186
HRHTido You hideH5641
From my youthH5290
HPp1cshave been afflictedH6041
HAamsaand close to death;H1478
HCHVqrmsaI have sufferedH5375
HNcfpcHSp2msand am in despair.H6323
Your fierce wrathH2740
HNcmpcHSp2mshave cut me off.H6789
They surrounded meH5437
HNcmscthe day long;H3117
HTdHNcmsathey have comeH5362
HNcmsaall around me.H5921
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved