2. And the beast that I saw was like a leopard, and his feet like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion; and the dragon gave him his power, and his throne and great authority.
3. And I saw one of his heads as if it were slain to death, but his deadly wound was healed; and the whole earth was amazed and followed the beast.
4. And they worshiped the dragon, who gave his authority to the beast. And they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who has the power to make war against him?”
5. And a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies was given to him; and authority was given to him to continue for forty-two months.
6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.
7. And he was given power to make war against the saints, and to overcome them; and he was given authority over every tribe and language and nation.
9. If anyone has an ear, let him hear.
10. If anyone gathers into captivity, he shall go into captivity. If anyone kills with the sword, he must be killed with the sword. Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints.
11. And I saw another beast rising out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, but spoke like a dragon;
12. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast before him; and he causes the earth and those who dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13. And he performs great wonders, so that he even causes fire to come down to the earth from heaven in the sight of men.
14. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by means of the wonders that were given to him to perform in the sight of the beast, saying to those who dwell on the earth that they should make an image for the beast, which had the wound by the sword, yet was alive.
15. And he was given power to give life to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast also could speak; and he causes everyone who will not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
16. And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the bond, to receive a mark in their right hands, or in their foreheads;
17. So that no one may have the ability to buy and sell unless he has the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved