4. MAY IT NEVER BE! Rather, let God be true but every man a liar, exactly as it is written: “That You might be justified in Your words, and might overcome when You are being judged by men.”
5. But if our unrighteousness brings to reality God’s righteousness, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous to inflict His wrath? (I am speaking according to man’s view.)
6. MAY IT NEVER BE! Otherwise, how shall God judge the world?
7. For if, by my falsehood, the truth of God has shown itself to be supremely great, to His glory, why am I still being judged as a sinner?
8. But not, according as we are being blasphemously charged, and according as some are affirming that we say, “Let us practice evil things in order that good things may come.” Their condemnation is deserved.
10. Exactly as it is written: “For there is not a righteous one—not even one!
11. There is not one who understands; there is not one who seeks after God.
12. They have all gone out of the way; together they have all become depraved. There is not even one who is practicing kindness. No, there is not so much as one!
13. Their throats are like an open grave; with their tongues they have used deceit; the venom of asps is under their lips,
14. Whose mouths are full of cursing and bitterness;
15. Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16. Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17. And the way of peace they have not known.
18. There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
20. Therefore, by works of law (see Appendix R) there shall no flesh be justified before Him; for through the law is the knowledge of sin.
21. But now, the righteousness (see Appendix M) of God that is separate from law has been revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets;
25. Whom God has openly manifested to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, in order to demonstrate His righteousness, in respect to the remission of sins that are past,
26. Through the forbearance of God; yes, to publicly declare His righteousness in the present time, that He might be just, and the One Who justifies the one who is of the faith of Jesus.
29. Is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? YES! He is also God of the Gentiles,
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved