1. Woe to her who is rebellious and defiled— to the tyrannical city!
2. She did not obey the voice; she did not receive correction. She did not trust in the LORD; she did not draw near to her God.
3. Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges evening wolves. They gnaw bones and leave nothing for the morning.
4. Her prophets are proud, men of deceit; her priests have defiled the sanctuary; they have done violence to the law.
5. The just LORD is in her midst; He will not act unrighteously. Every morning He brings His judgment to the light; He fails not; but the unrighteous knows no shame.
6. “I have cut off the nations; their towers are desolate. I made their streets waste, so that none passes by; their cities are laid waste, without a man, there is no inhabitant.
7. I said, ‘Surely you will fear Me; you will receive instruction;’ then her dwelling shall not be cut off by all that I appointed for her. But they were more eager to do all their corrupt deeds.
8. Therefore wait for Me,” says the LORD, “until the day I arise as a witness; for My judgment is to gather the nations, for Me to assemble the kingdoms, to pour out upon them My indignation, all My hot anger, for all the earth shall be burned up with the fire of My jealous wrath;
9. For then I will give a pure language to the people, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve Him with one accord.
10. From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia, My worshipers, the daughter of My scattered ones, shall bring My offering.
11. In that day you shall not be ashamed for all your doings in which you have transgressed against Me; for then I will take away out of your midst those who rejoice in pride, and you shall never again be haughty in My holy mountain.
12. I will also leave in your midst an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
13. The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity nor speak lies, and a deceitful tongue shall not be found in their mouth; for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.”
14. Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
15. The LORD has turned away your judgments; He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; you shall not fear evil any more.
16. In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, “Fear not! Do not let your hands be slack, O Zion.
17. The LORD your God is mighty in your midst; He will save; He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest in His love; He rejoices over you with singing.”
18. “I will gather the ones who grieve over the appointed feasts, who are among you, and will lift the burden of reproach from her.
19. Behold, at that time I will deal with all those who afflict you. And I will save her who is lame, and gather her who was driven out. And I will give them praise and fame in all the land where they have been put to shame.
20. At that time I will bring you, even in the time that I gather you; for I will give you for a name and for a praise among all the people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes,” says the LORD.
She did notH3808
HRHNcmsashe did notH3808
HNcmsaShe did notH3808
HVqp3fsin the LORD;H3068
HRHNpshe did notH3808
HNcmpcThey gnaw bones and leaveH1633
HTnfor the morning.H1242
HNcmsathey have done violenceH2554
HNpisin her midst;H7130
HRHNcmscHSp3fsHe will notH3808
HNcmscHSp3msto the light;H216
HCHTnbut the unrighteousH5767
"I have cut offH3772
HVNp3cpI made their streetsH2351
HVhp1csso that noneH1097
HNcfpcHSp3mpare laid waste,H6658
HNcmsathere is noH369
HTayou will fearH3372
HToHSp1csyou will receiveH3947
HNcmsathen her dwellingH4585
HCHTnbe cut offH3772
HDthey were more eager to doH7925
HNp"until the dayH3117
HVqcHSp1csas a witness;H5706
HNcmpafor Me to assembleH6908
HNcfpato pour outH8210
HTdHNcbsashall be burned upH398
HVNi3fswith the fireH784
HRHNcbscof My jealous wrath;H7068
HDI will giveH2015
HNcmpathat they may allH3605
HRHVqcupon the nameH8034
HRHNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpto serve HimH5647
HNcfscof My scatteredH6327
HVqsmscHSp1csones, shall bringH2986
HRdHNcmsayou shall notH3808
HTryou have transgressedH6586
HDI will take awayH5493
HVhi1csout of your midstH7130
HRHNcmscHSp2fsthose who rejoiceH5947
HNcfscHSp2fsand you shall neverH3808
HRHVqcin My holyH6944
I will also leaveH7604
HCHVhq1csin your midstH7130
HNcmsaand they shall trustH2620
HCHVqq3cpin the nameH8034
HRHNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNcmsaand a deceitfulH8649
HVNi3msin their mouth;H6310
HVqi3mpand lie down,H7257
HCHTnshall make them afraid."H2729
HNphas turned awayH5493
HNcmpcHSp2fsHe has cast outH6437
HNpisin your midst;H7130
HRHNcmscHSp2fsyou shall notH3808
HAamsain your midst;H7130
HRHNcmscHSp2fsHe will save;H3467
HVhi3msHe will rejoiceH7797
HRHNcfsaHe will restH2790
HVhi3msin His love;H160
"I will gatherH622
HVqp1csthe ones who grieveH3013
HVNrmpcover the appointed feasts,H4150
HRHNcmsawho are among you,H4480
HRHSp2fsand will liftH1961
HRdHNcbsaI will dealH6213
HNcmscthose who afflict you.H6031
HVprmpcHSp2fsAnd I will saveH3467
HToher who is lame,H6760
HVpi1csher who was driven out.H5080
HCHTdHVNsfsaAnd I will giveH7760
HTdHNcbsawhere they have been put to shame.H1322
HRdHNcbsaI will bringH935
HToHSp2mpeven in the timeH6256
HCHRdHNcbsathat I gatherH6908
HCI will giveH5414
HToHSp2mpfor a nameH8034
HRHNcmsaand for a praiseH8416
HNcmpcof the earth,H776
HTdHNcbsawhen I turn backH7725
HNcfpcHSp2mpbefore your eyes,"H5869
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved