1. Woe to her who is rebellious and defiled— to the tyrannical city!
2. She did not obey the voice; she did not receive correction. She did not trust in the LORD; she did not draw near to her God.
3. Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges evening wolves. They gnaw bones and leave nothing for the morning.
4. Her prophets are proud, men of deceit; her priests have defiled the sanctuary; they have done violence to the law.
5. The just LORD is in her midst; He will not act unrighteously. Every morning He brings His judgment to the light; He fails not; but the unrighteous knows no shame.
6. “I have cut off the nations; their towers are desolate. I made their streets waste, so that none passes by; their cities are laid waste, without a man, there is no inhabitant.
7. I said, ‘Surely you will fear Me; you will receive instruction;’ then her dwelling shall not be cut off by all that I appointed for her. But they were more eager to do all their corrupt deeds.
8. Therefore wait for Me,” says the LORD, “until the day I arise as a witness; for My judgment is to gather the nations, for Me to assemble the kingdoms, to pour out upon them My indignation, all My hot anger, for all the earth shall be burned up with the fire of My jealous wrath;
9. For then I will give a pure language to the people, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve Him with one accord.
10. From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia, My worshipers, the daughter of My scattered ones, shall bring My offering.
11. In that day you shall not be ashamed for all your doings in which you have transgressed against Me; for then I will take away out of your midst those who rejoice in pride, and you shall never again be haughty in My holy mountain.
12. I will also leave in your midst an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
13. The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity nor speak lies, and a deceitful tongue shall not be found in their mouth; for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.”
14. Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
15. The LORD has turned away your judgments; He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; you shall not fear evil any more.
16. In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, “Fear not! Do not let your hands be slack, O Zion.
17. The LORD your God is mighty in your midst; He will save; He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest in His love; He rejoices over you with singing.”
18. “I will gather the ones who grieve over the appointed feasts, who are among you, and will lift the burden of reproach from her.
19. Behold, at that time I will deal with all those who afflict you. And I will save her who is lame, and gather her who was driven out. And I will give them praise and fame in all the land where they have been put to shame.
20. At that time I will bring you, even in the time that I gather you; for I will give you for a name and for a praise among all the people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes,” says the LORD.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved