1. Adam, Seth, Enosh,
2. Cainan, Mahalalel, Jared,
3. Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech,
4. Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
5. The sons of Japheth were Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
6. And the sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
7. And the sons of Javan were Elishah, and Tarshishah, Kittim, and Dodanim.
8. The sons of Ham were Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
9. And the sons of Cush were Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raama, and Sabtecha. And the sons of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan.
10. And Cush begat Nimrod. He began to be mighty upon the earth.
11. And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
12. And Pathrusim, and Casluhim (from whom came the Philistines, and Caphthorim).
13. And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth,
14. The Jebusite also, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite,
15. And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
16. And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite.
17. The sons of Shem were Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.
18. And Arphaxad begat Shelah, and Shelah begat Eber.
19. And to Eber were born two sons. The name of the one was Peleg (because in his days the earth was divided), and the name of his brother was Joktan.
20. And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
21. And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
22. And Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
23. And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.
24. Shem, Arphaxad, Shelah,
25. Eber, Peleg, Reu,
26. Serug, Nahor, Terah,
27. Abram (the same is Abraham).
28. The sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael.
29. These are their generations. The firstborn of Ishmael was Nebajoth, and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
30. Mishma, and Dumah, Massa, Hadad, and Tema,
31. Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah. These are the sons of Ishmael.
32. And the sons of Keturah, Abraham’s concubine: she bore Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah. And the sons of Jokshan: Sheba and Dedan.
33. And the sons of Midian: Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abida, and Eldaah. All these are the sons of Keturah.
34. And Abraham begat Isaac. The sons of Isaac were Esau and Israel.
35. The sons of Esau: Eliphaz, Reuel, and Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah.
36. The sons of Eliphaz: Teman, and Omar, Zephi, and Gatam, Kenaz, and by Timna, Amalek.
37. The sons of Reuel: Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
38. And the sons of Seir: Lotan, and Shobal, and Zibeon, and Anah, and Dishon, and Ezer, and Dishan.
39. And the sons of Lotan: Hori and Homam. And Timna was Lotan’s sister.
40. The sons of Shobal: Alian, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shephi, and Onam. And the sons of Zibeon: Ajah and Anah.
41. The son of Anah was Dishon. And the sons of Dishon: Hamran, and Eshban, and Ithran, and Cheran.
42. The sons of Ezer: Bilhan, and Zaavan, and Jaakan. The sons of Dishan: Uz and Aran.
43. And these are the kings who reigned in the land of Edom before a king reigned over the children of Israel: Bela the son of Beor, and the name of his city was Dinhabah.
44. And Bela died, and Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his place.
45. And Jobab died, and Husham of the land of the Temanites reigned in his place.
46. And Husham died, and Hadad the son of Bedad, who struck Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his place. And the name of his city was Avith.
47. And Hadad died, and Samlah of Masrekah reigned in his place.
48. And Samlah died, and Saul of Rehoboth-by-the-River reigned in his place.
49. And Saul died, and Baal-Hanan the son of Achbor reigned in his place.
50. And when Baal-Hanan died, Hadad reigned in his place. And the name of his city was Pai. And his wife’s name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.
51. And Hadad died. And the chiefs of Edom: chief Timnah, chief Aliah, chief Jetheth,
52. Chief Aholibamah, chief Elah, chief Pinon,
53. Chief Kenaz, chief Teman, chief Mibzar,
54. Chief Magdiel, chief Iram. These are the chiefs of Edom.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved