1. These are the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun,
2. Dan, Joseph, and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
3. The sons of Judah: Er and Onan, and Shelah, three born to him from the daughter of Shua the Canaanitess. And Er, the firstborn of Judah, was evil in the sight of the LORD, and He killed him.
4. And Tamar his daughter-in-law bore him Pharez and Zerah. All the sons of Judah were five.
5. The sons of Pharez: Hezron and Hamul.
6. And the sons of Zerah were Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara—five of them in all.
7. And the son of Carmi: Achan, the troubler of Israel, who transgressed in the cursed thing.
8. And the son of Ethan was Azariah.
9. And the sons also of Hezron, who were born to him: Jerahmeel, and Ram, and Chelubai.
10. And Ram begat Amminadab. And Amminadab begat Nahshon, prince of the sons of Judah.
11. And Nahshon begat Salma, and Salma begat Boaz,
12. And Boaz begat Obed, and Obed begat Jesse.
13. And Jesse begat his firstborn Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimea the third,
14. Nethanel the fourth, Raddai the fifth, 15. Ozem the sixth, David the seventh.
16. Their sisters were Zeruiah and Abigail. And the sons of Zeruiah were Abishai, and Joab, and Asahel, three.
17. And Abigail bore Amasa. And the father of Amasa was Jether, the Ishmaelite.
18. And Caleb the son of Hezron begat sons of Azubah his wife, and of Jerioth. Her sons are these: Jesher, and Shobab, and Ardon.
19. And when Azubah died, Caleb took Ephrath to himself, who bore him Hur.
20. And Hur begat Uri, and Uri begat Bezalel.
21. And afterward Hezron went in to the daughter of Machir the father of Gilead, whom he married when he was sixty years old. And she bore him Segub.
22. And Segub begat Jair, who had twenty-three cities in the land of Gilead.
23. And he took Geshur and Aram, with the towns of Jair, from them, with Kenath, and its towns, sixty cities. All these belonged to the sons of Machir, the father of Gilead.
24. And after Hezron died in Caleb- Ephrathah, Abijah, Hezron’s wife, bore him Ashhur the father of Tekoa.
25. And the sons of Jerahmeel the firstborn of Hezron: Ram the firstborn, and Bunah, and Oren, and Ozem, and Ahijah.
26. Jerahmeel also had another wife, whose name was Atarah. She was the mother of Onam.
27. And the sons of Ram, the firstborn of Jerahmeel, were Maaz, and Jamin, and Eker.
28. And the sons of Onam: Shammai and Jada. And the sons of Shammai: Nadab and Abishur.
29. And the name of Abishur’s wife was Abihail, and she bore him Ahban and Molid.
30. And the sons of Nadab: Seled and Appaim. But Seled died without children.
31. And the son of Appaim was Ishi. And the son of Ishi was Sheshan. And the daughter of Sheshan was Ahlai.
32. And the sons of Jada, the brother of Shammai: Jether and Jonathan; and Jether died without children.
33. And the sons of Jonathan: Peleth and Zaza. These were the sons of Jerahmeel.
34. And Sheshan had no sons, only daughters. And Sheshan had a servant, an Egyptian, and his name was Jarha.
35. And Sheshan gave his daughter to his servant Jarha for a wife, and she bore him Attai.
36. And Attai begat Nathan, and Nathan begat Zabad,
37. And Zabad begat Ephlal, and Ephlal begat Obed,
38. And Obed begat Jehu, and Jehu begat Azariah,
39. And Azariah begat Helez, and Helez begat Eleasah,
40. And Eleasah begat Sismai, and Sismai begat Shallum,
41. And Shallum begat Jekamiah, and Jekamiah begat Elishama.
42. Now the sons of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel were Mesha his firstborn, the father of Ziph, and the sons of Mareshah the father of Hebron.
43. And the sons of Hebron were Korah, and Tappuah, and Rekem, and Shema.
44. And Shema begat Raham, the father of Jorkoam. And Rekem begat Shammai.
45. And the son of Shammai was Maon. And Maon was the father of Beth Zur.
46. And Ephah, Caleb’s concubine, bore Haran, and Moza, and Gazez. And Haran begat Gazez.
47. And the sons of Jahdai: Regem and Jotham and Geshan and Pelet and Ephah and Shaaph.
48. Maachah, Caleb’s concubine, bore Sheber, and Tirhanah.
49. She also bore Shaaph the father of Madmannah, Sheva the father of Machbenah, and the father of Gibea. And Caleb’s daughter was Achsah.
50. These were the sons of Caleb the son of Hur. The firstborn of Ephrathah was Shobal the father of Kirjath Jearim;
51. Salma the father of Bethlehem, Hareph the father of Beth Gader.
52. And Shobal the father of Kirjath Jearim had sons: Haroeh, half of the Manahethites.
53. And the families of Kirjath Jearim were the Ithrites, and the Puthites, and the Shumathites, and the Mishraites. From them came the Zorathites and the Eshtaolites.
54. The sons of Salma were Bethlehem, and the Netophathites, Ataroth, the house of Joab, and half the Manahethites, the Zorites.
55. And the families of the scribes who lived at Jabez were the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites who came from Hammath, the father of the house of Rechab.
HRHSp3msfrom the daughterH1323
HAamsain the sightH5869
HRHNcbdcof the LORD,H3068
HNpand He killed him.H4191
HNcmscAnd she boreH3205
And he tookH3947
HTowith the townsH2333
HPdxcpbelongedto the sonsH1121
HCHRHNphad a servant,H5650
HNgmsaand his nameH8034
HNcfscHSp3msto his servantH5650
HRHNpfor a wife,H802
HRHNcfsaand she boreH3205
Now the sonsH1121
HNpand the sonsH1121
She also boreH3205
HNpand the fatherH1
HNcmscof Kirjath Jearim;H7157
And the familiesH4940
HCHNcfpcof Kirjath JearimH7157
HTdHNgmsaand the Puthites,H6336
HCHTdHNgmsaand the Shumathites,H8126
HCHTdHNgmsaand the Mishraites.H4954
HTdHNgmsaand the Eshtaolites.H848
And the familiesH4940
HCHNcfpcof the scribesH5608
HNcmscof the houseH1004
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved