1. Now Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David and timbers of cedars with masons and carpenters to build him a house.
2. And David perceived that the LORD had confirmed him king over Israel, for his kingdom was exalted exceedingly because of His people Israel.
3. And David took more wives at Jerusalem. And David begat more sons and daughters.
4. And these were the names of the children whom he had in Jerusalem: Shammua, and Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon,
5. And Ibhar, and Elishua, and Elpalet,
6. And Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia,
7. And Elishama, and Beeliada, and Eliphalet.
8. And the Philistines heard that David was anointed king over all Israel, and all the Philistines went up to seek David. And David heard and went out against them.
9. And the Philistines came and spread themselves in the Valley of Rephaim.
10. And David asked of God, saying, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? And will You deliver them into my hand?” And the LORD said to him, “Go up, for I will deliver them into your hand.”
11. And they came up to Baal Perazim. And David defeated them there. Then David said, “God has broken out upon my enemies by my hand like the breaking forth of waters.” Therefore, they called the name of that place The Breaking of Baal.
12. And they left their gods there. And David commanded, and they were burned with fire.
13. And the Philistines again made a raid in the valley.
14. And David asked again of God. And God said to him, “Do not go up after them. Turn away from them, and come upon them over against the weeping trees.
15. And it shall be, when you hear a sound of marching in the tops of the weeping trees, then you shall go out to battle, for God has gone out before you to strike the army of the Philistines.”
16. And David did as God commanded him. And they struck the army of the Philistines from Gibeon to Gezer.
17. And the renown of David went out into all lands. And the LORD brought the fear of him upon all nations.
HNphad confirmed himH3559
HRHNcmscof His peopleH5971
HNcmpcof the childrenH3205
And Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia,>
And the PhilistinesH6430
HCHVqw3msand went outH3318
HRHVqc"Shall I go upH5927
HNgmpaAnd will You deliver themH5414
HCHVqq2msHSp3mpinto my hand?"H3027
HRHNcbscHSp1csAnd the LORDH3068
HVqv2msfor I will deliver themH5414
HCHVqq1csHSp3mpinto your hand."H3027
And they came upH5927
HCHVqw3mpto Baal Perazim.H1188
HTdHNcmpahas broken outH6555
HToupon my enemiesH341
HVqrmpcHSp1csby my handH3027
HRHNcbscHSp1cslike the breaking forthH6556
HTdHNcmsaThe Breaking of Baal.H1188
HRHRHSp3mpand come uponH935
HRHRthe weeping trees.H1057
And it shall be,H1961
HCHVqj3mswhen you hearH8085
HTdHNcfsain the topsH7218
HRHNcmpcof the weeping trees,H1057
HDyou shall go outH3318
HTdHNcmpahas gone outH3318
HNcbscof the Philistines."H6430
HVpp3msHSp3msAnd they struckH5221
HNcbscof the PhilistinesH6430
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved