1. And David consulted with the captains of thousands and hundreds, and with every leader.
2. And David said to all the congregation of Israel, “If it is good to you, and if it is from the LORD our God, let us send to our brethren, those remaining in all the land of Israel, and with them to the priests and Levites in their cities and that they may gather together to us.
3. And let us bring again the ark of our God to us, for we did not inquire at it in the days of Saul.”
4. And all the congregation said that they would do so, for the thing was right in the eyes of all the people.
5. And David gathered all Israel together, from Shihor of Egypt even to the entering of Hamath, to bring the ark of God from Kirjath Jearim.
6. And David and all Israel went up to Baalah, to Kirjath Jearim of Judah, to bring up from there the ark of the LORD God, He who dwells between the cherubim, Whose name is called on it.
7. And they carried the ark of God in a new cart out of the house of Abinadab. And Uzza and Ahio led the cart.
8. And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with lyres, and with harps, and with drums, and with cymbals, and with silver trumpets.
9. And when they came to the threshing floor of Chidon, Uzza put out his hand to hold the ark, for the oxen stumbled.
10. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzza, and He struck him because he put his hand to the ark. And he died there before the LORD.
11. And David was displeased because the LORD had broken forth upon Uzza. And he called that place The Breach of Uzza, as it is to this day.
12. And David was afraid of God that day, saying, “How shall I bring the ark of God to me?”
13. And David did not bring the ark to himself in the City of David, but carried it aside into the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite.
14. And the ark of God remained with the family of Obed-Edom in his house three months. And the LORD blessed the house of Obed-Edom and all that he had.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved