1. And these were the ones who came to David at Ziklag, while banned from the face of Saul the son of Kish. And they were among the mighty men, helpers of the war,
2. Right and left-handed in slinging stones, armed with bows and arrows, from the brethren of Saul, of Benjamin.
3. The chief was Ahiezer, and Joash, the sons of Shemaah the Gibeathite, and Jeziel, and Pelet, the sons of Azmaveth, and Berachah, and Jehu of Anathoth,
4. And Ishmaiah the Gibeonite, a mighty man among the thirty, and over the thirty, and Jeremiah, and Jahaziel, and Johanan, and Jozabad the Gederathite,
5. Eluzai, and Jerimoth, and Bealiah, and Shemariah, and Shephatiah the Haruphite,
6. Elkanah, and Jisshiah, and Azarel, and Joezer, and Jashobeam, the Korahites,
7. And Joelah, and Zebadiah, the sons of Jeroham of Gedor.
8. And of the Gadites mighty men separated themselves to David into the stronghold in the wilderness, men of the army for battle, setting in order shield and buckler, and their faces were the faces of a lion, and were as gazelles upon the mountains for swiftness:
9. Ezer the first, Obadiah the second, Eliab the third,
10. Mishmannah the fourth, Jeremiah the fifth,
11. Attai the sixth, Eliel the seventh,
12. Johanan the eighth, Elzabad the ninth,
13. Jeremiah the tenth, Machbanai the eleventh.
14. These were the sons of Gad, captains of the army. One of the least was over a hundred, and the greatest over a thousand.
15. These were they who went over Jordan in the first month when it had overflowed all its banks. And they put all those of the valleys to flight, toward the east and toward the west.
16. And some of the children of Benjamin and Judah came to the stronghold to David.
17. And David went out to meet them, and answered and said to them, “If you have come to me in peace, to help me, my heart shall be knit to you. But if you come to betray me to my enemies, since there is no wrong in my hands, let the God of our fathers look on it and rebuke it.”
18. And the spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the thirty. And he said, “We are yours, David, and on your side, son of Jesse. Peace, peace be upon you, and peace upon your helpers, for your God has helped you.” And David received them and made them captains of the band.
19. And some from Manasseh defected to David when he came with the Philistines to battle against Saul. (But they did not help them, for the lords of the Philistines sent him away on advice, saying, “He will fall to his master Saul to the jeopardy of our heads.”)
20. As he went to Ziklag, there fell to him these from Manasseh: Adnah, and Jozabad, and Jediael, and Michael, and Jozabad, and Elihu, and Zillethai, captains of the thousands who were from Manasseh.
21. And they helped David against the band, for they were all mighty men of valor and were commanders in the army.
22. For at that time they came to David day by day to help him until it was a great army, like an army of God.
23. And these were the numbers of the chiefs of those armed for war who came to David to Hebron, to turn the kingdom of Saul to him, according to the word of the LORD:
24. The sons of Judah bearing shield and spear were six thousand and eight hundred, armed for war.
25. From the sons of Simeon the mighty men of power for the war, seven thousand and one hundred.
26. From the sons of Levi were four thousand and six hundred.
27. And Jehoiada was the leader of the Aaronites, and with him were three thousand and seven hundred.
28. And Zadok, a young man mighty of valor, and of his fathers’ house were twenty-two captains.
29. And the sons of Benjamin, the kindred of Saul, were three thousand. And until then, the greatest part of them had kept their allegiance to the house of Saul.
30. And of the children of Ephraim were twenty thousand and eight hundred mighty men of valor, famous throughout the house of their fathers.
31. And from the half-tribe of Manasseh were eighteen thousand, who were chosen by name to come and make David king.
32. And from the sons of Issachar, men who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do, the heads of them were two hundred. And all their brethren were at their command.
33. From Zebulun, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all the weapons of war, fifty thousand who could keep rank. They were not of a double heart.
34. And from Naphtali, a thousand captains; and with them with shield and spear were thirty-seven thousand.
35. And of the Danites, expert in war, were twenty-eight thousand six hundred.
36. And of Asher, those who could go out with the army to set in order the battle were forty thousand.
37. And on the other side of Jordan, from the Reubenites, and of the Gadites, and from the half-tribe of Manasseh, with all of the weapons of war for battle were a hundred and twenty thousand.
38. All these were men of war, keeping rank, they came with a perfect heart to Hebron to make David king over Israel. And also all the rest of Israel was of one heart to make David king.
39. And they were with David three days, eating and drinking, for their brethren had prepared food for them.
40. And also those who were near them, even to Issachar and Zebulun and Naphtali, brought bread on donkeys, and on camels, and on mules, and on oxen. And they brought food, meal, cakes of figs and bunches of raisins, and wine and oil, and oxen and sheep abundantly, for there was joy in Israel.
HCHPdxcpwerethe ones who cameH935
HVqsmsafrom the faceH6440
HCHPp3mpwereamong the mighty men,H1368
HVqrmpcof the war,H4421
HCHVhrmpain slinging stones,H68
HCHRdHNcmpafrom the brethrenH251
HTdHNgmsaa mighty manH1368
HAamsaamong the thirty,H7970
HNpinto the strongholdH4679
HRdHNcfsain the wilderness,H4057
HNcmpcof the armyH2428
HRdHNcfsasetting in orderH6186
HCHNcmsaand their facesH6440
HNcbpcHSp3mpof a lion,H738
HNcmsaand were as gazellesH6643
HNcmpcof the army.H6635
HAcmsaof the leastH6996
HTdHAamsawas over a hundred,H3967
HRHAcbsaand the greatestH1419
HCHTdHAamsaover a thousand.H505
HTdHNpin the firstH7223
HToAnd they put allH3605
HNcmscthose of the valleysH6010
HCHVhw3mptoward the eastH4217
HRdHNcmsaand toward the west.H4628
HCHVqw3msto meet them,H6440
HCyou have comeH935
HRHNcmsato help me,H5826
HCHCyou come to betray meH7411
HRHVpcHSp1csto my enemies,H6862
HRHNcmpcHSp1cssince there is noH3808
HNcmsain my hands,H3709
HRHNcfdcHSp1cslet the GodH430
HNcmpcof our fathersH1
HVqi3mson it and rebukeH3198
And the spiritH7307
HNcmscof the thirty.H7970
HTdHAcbpaAnd he said, "We areyours,Hl
HNpand on your side,H5973
HNcmsabe upon you,Hl
HCHNcmsaupon your helpers,H5826
HNcmpcHSp2mshas helped you."H5826
HCHVpw3msHSp3mpand made themH5414
HRHNcmpcof the band.H1416
And some from ManassehH4519
HNpwhen he cameH935
HNp(But they did notH3808
HNcmpcof the PhilistinesH6430
HNgmpasent him awayH7971
HRHVqc"He will fallH5307
HNpto the jeopardyof our heads.")H7218
As he wentH3212
HRHSp3msthese from Manasseh:H4519
HNcmpcof the thousandsH505
HCthey were allH3605
HNcmpain the army.H6635
HCat that timeH6256
HRHNcmsato help himH5826
HRit wasa greatH1419
HRHNcbsalike an armyH4264
HNcmpcof the chiefsH7218
HNcmpcof those armedH2502
HRHSp3msaccording to the wordH6310
HRHNcmscof the LORD:H3068
HAcbpaAnd until then,H2008
HDthe greatest part of themH4768
HNcmpathroughout the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof their fathers.H1
And from the half-tribeH2677
HToand make DavidH1732
And from the sonsH1121
HNpmenwho had understandingH998
HVqrmpcof the times,H6256
HNpought to do,H6213
HVqi3msthe heads of themH7218
HRHNpsuch as went forthH3318
HAcbsawho could keep rank.H5737
HRHTnof a double heart.H3820
And from Naphtali,H5321
HNcmpaand with themH5973
And on the other sideH5676
HTdHNgmsaand of the Gadites,H1425
HCHTdHNgmsaand from the half-tribeH2677
HRHNcmscof the weaponsH3627
HVqp3cpwith a perfectH8003
HToto make DavidH1732
HToto make DavidH1732
HVhp3cpfood for them.Hl
HCHTathose who were nearH7138
HRdHNcbpaand on camels,H1581
HCHRdHNcmpaand on mules,H6505
HCHRdHNcmpaand on oxen.H1241
HCHRdHNcbsaAnd they brought food,H3978
HNcmsacakes of figsH1690
HNcfpaand bunches of raisins,H6778
HCthere was joyH8057
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved