1. And all Israel gathered themselves to David, at Hebron, saying, “Behold, we are your bone and your flesh.
2. And in time past, even when Saul was king, you were the one who led out and brought in Israel. And the LORD your God said to you, ‘You shall feed My people Israel, and you shall be ruler over My people Israel.’ ”
3. And all the elders of Israel came to the king at Hebron. And David made a covenant with them at Hebron before the LORD. And they anointed David king over Israel, according to the word of the LORD by Samuel.
4. And David and all Israel went to Jerusalem, which is Jebus, where the Jebusites were the people of the land.
5. And the people of Jebus said to David, “You shall not come in here.” But David took the stronghold of Zion, which is the city of David.
6. And David said, “Whoever strikes the Jebusites first shall be chief and captain.” And Joab the son of Zeruiah went up first and became chief.
7. And David lived in the stronghold. Therefore, they called it the city of David.
8. And he built the city all around, even from Millo all around. And Joab repaired the rest of the city.
9. And David became greater and greater, for the LORD of hosts was with him.
10. And these were the chief of the mighty men whom David had, who strengthened themselves with him in his kingdom, with all Israel to make him king, according to the word of the LORD concerning Israel.
11. And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had: Jashobeam, a Hachmonite, the chief of the captains. He lifted up his spear against three hundred, who were killed by him at one time.
12. And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo, the Ahohite; he was one of the three mighty men.
13. He was with David at Pasdammim. And there the Philistines were gathered together to battle and a portion of the field was full of barley. And the people fled from before the Philistines.
14. And they set themselves in the middle of that place, and delivered it, and killed the Philistines. And the LORD saved them by a great deliverance.
15. And three of the mighty captains went down to the rock to David into the cave of Adullam. And the Philistine army camped in the Valley of Rephaim.
16. And David was then in the stronghold, and the Philistines’ garrison was then at Bethlehem.
17. And David longed for water and said, “Oh, that someone would give me drink from the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!”
18. And the three broke through the Philistine army and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David. But David would not drink it, but poured it out to the LORD.
19. And he said, “May my God forbid me to do this thing. Shall I drink the blood of these men who have put their lives in danger?” For they brought it with their lives. And he was not willing to drink it. These three mighty men did these things.
20. And Abishai the brother of Joab was chief of the three, for lifting up his spear against three hundred, he killed them, and had a name among the three.
21. Of the three, he was more honorable than the two; for he was their captain. However, he did not attain to the first three.
22. Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a mighty man of Kabzeel, had done many acts. He killed two lion-like men of Moab. He also went down and killed a lion in a pit on a snowy day.
23. And he killed an Egyptian, a man of stature, five cubits high. And in the Egyptian’s hand was a spear like a weaver’s beam. And he went down to him with a staff and wrenched the spear out of the Egyptian’s hand, and killed him with his own spear.
24. These things Benaiah the son of Jehoiada did and had the name among the three mighty ones.
25. Behold, he was honorable among the thirty, but did not attain to the first three. And David set him over his guard.
26. And the mighty ones of the army: Asahel the brother of Joab, Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem,
27. Shammoth the Harorite, Helez the Pelonite,
28. Ira the son of Ikkesh the Tekoite, Adiezer the Anathothite,
29. Sibbechai the Hushathite, Ilai the Ahohite,
30. Maharai the Netophathite, Heled the son of Baanah the Netophathite,
31. Ithai a son of Ribai of Gibeah of the sons of Benjamin, Benaiah the Pirathonite,
32. Hurai of the brooks of Gaash, Abiel the Arbathite,
33. Azmaveth the Baharumite, Eliahba the Shaalbonite,
34. The sons of Hashem the Gizonite, Jonathan the son of Shageh the Hararite,
35. Ahiam the son of Sacar the Hararite, Eliphal the son of Ur,
36. Hepher the Mecherathite, Ahijah the Pelonite,
37. Hezro of Carmel, Naarai the son of Ezbai,
38. Joel the brother of Nathan, Mibhar the son of Hagri,
39. Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Berothite, the armor bearer of Joab the son of Zeruiah,
40. Ira the Ithrite, Gareb the Ithrite,
41. Uriah the Hittite, Zabad the son of Ahlai,
42. Adina the son of Shiza the Reubenite, a captain of the Reubenites, and thirty with him,
43. Hanan the son of Maachah, and Joshaphat the Mithnite,
44. Uzzia the Ashterathite, Shama and Jeiel the sons of Hothan the Aroerite,
45. Jediael the son of Shimri, and Joha his brother, the Tizite,
46. Eliel the Mahavite, and Jeribai, and Joshaviah, sons of Elnaam, and Ithmah the Moabite,
47. Eliel, and Obed, and Jaasiel the Mezobaite.
HNcfscHSp2msand your flesh.H1320
HPp2mswerethe one who led outH3318
HTdHVhrmsaand brought inH935
HNpAnd the LORDH3068
HNpAnd they anointedH4886
HNpaccording to the wordH1697
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVqrmpcof the land.H776
And the peopleH3427
HNp"You shall notH3808
And he builtH1129
HNcmscof the city.H5892
HNcmpcof the mighty menH1368
HRHSp3msin his kingdom,H4438
HNpto make him king,H4427
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNcmscof the mighty menH1368
HNcmscof the captains.H7991
HAcbpawho were killedH2491
HAamsaby him at oneH259
HCHTdHNgmpawere gathered togetherH622
HRdHNcfsaand a portionH2513
HNcfscof the fieldH7704
HNcfpaAnd the peopleH5971
And they set themselvesH3320
HCHVtw3mpin the middleH8432
HRHNcmscof that place,H2513
HTdHNcfsaand delivered it,H5337
HNgmpaAnd the LORDH3068
HCHVhw3msthemby a greatH1419
HNpAnd the PhilistineH6430
HVqrfsain the ValleyH6010
HCHVtw3msfor waterand said,H559
HCHVqw3ms"Oh, that someoneH4310
HTiwould give me drinkH8248
HVhi3msHSp1csfrom the waterH4325
HNcmpaof the wellH953
HTrisby the gate!"H8179
And the threeH7969
HNcmpaout of the wellH953
HTrby the gate,H8179
HCHVqw3mpit, and broughtH935
HRHVqcHSp3mpbut poured it outH5258
HToHSp3mpto the LORD.H3068
And he said,H559
HCHVqw3ms"May my GodH430
HPdxfsShall I drinkH8354
HTdHNcmpawho have put their lives in danger?"H5315
HCthey brought itH935
HVhp3cpHSp3mpwith their lives.H5315
HRHNcbpcHSp3mpAnd he was notH3808
HVqp3msto drink it.H8354
HNcmscof the three,H7969
HCHPp3msfor lifting upH5782
HCHRHSp3msand had a nameH8034
HNcmsaamong the three.H7969
Of the three,H7969
HVNrmsathan the two;H8147
HRdHAcmdafor he was theirHl
HCHRhe did notH3808
HRthe first three.H7969
HNcmscof a mightyH2428
HNphad done manyH7227
HCHPp3msalso went downH3381
HTdHNcmsaon a snowyH7950
HRdHNcfsaAnd in the Egyptian'sH4713
HNcfsalike a weaver'sH707
HRHNcmscAnd he went downH3381
HRHSp3mswith a staffH7626
HTdHNcfsaout of the Egyptian'sH4713
HRHNcbscand killed himH2026
HCHVqw3msHSp3mswith his own spear.H2595
HTdHAcbpabut did notH3808
HCHRthe first three.H7969
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved