1. And the Philistines fought against Israel. And the men of Israel fled from before the Philistines and fell down slain at Mount Gilboa.
2. And the Philistines followed hard after Saul and after his sons. And the Philistines killed Jonathan and Abinadab, and Malchishua, the sons of Saul.
3. And the battle went sorely against Saul. And the archers hit him, and he was wounded by the archers.
4. And Saul said to his armorbearer, “Draw your sword and thrust me through with it, lest these uncircumcised ones come and abuse me.” But his armorbearer would not, for he was very much afraid. So Saul took a sword and fell on it.
5. And when his armorbearer saw that Saul was dead, he also fell on the sword and died.
6. So Saul and his three sons died, and all his house died together.
7. And when all the men of Israel in the valley saw that they fled, and that Saul and his sons had died, they left their cities and fled. And the Philistines came and lived in them.
8. And it came to pass on the next day, when the Philistines came to strip the dead, that they found Saul and his sons fallen at Mount Gilboa.
9. And when they stripped him, they took his head and his armor, and sent word into the land of the Philistines all around, to carry news to their idols and to the people.
10. And they put his armor in the house of their gods and fastened his skull in the temple of Dagon.
11. And when all of Jabesh Gilead heard what the Philistines had done to Saul,
12. Then all the mighty men arose and took away the body of Saul, and the bodies of his sons, and brought them to Jabesh. And they buried their bones under the oak in Jabesh and fasted seven days.
13. And Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, against the word of the LORD, which he did not keep, and also for asking counsel of one who had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it;
14. And did not inquire of the LORD. Therefore He slew him and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.
And the PhilistinesH6430
HRHNpAnd the menH376
HNgmpaand fell downH5307
And the PhilistinesH6430
HNcmpcHSp3msAnd the PhilistinesH6430
And the battleH4421
HNpAnd the archersH3384
HCHVqw3mpHSp3msand he was woundedH2342
HNcfscHSp2msand thrust me throughH1856
HRHSp1csBut his armorbearerH5375
HChe was very muchH3966
And when his armorbearerH5375
HNpin the valleyH6010
HNpand his sonsH1121
HCHVqw3mpAnd the PhilistinesH6430
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3mson the next day,H4283
HRHNcfsawhen the PhilistinesH6430
HTdHAampathat they foundH4672
And when they stripped him,H6584
HCHVpw3mpword into the landH776
HRHNcbscof the PhilistinesH6430
HNcbsato carry newsH1319
HToto their idolsH6091
HCHToto the people.H5971
And they putH7760
HNcmpcHSp3msin the houseH1004
HNcmscof their godsH430
HNcfscHSp3msin the templeH1004
HCHVqw3mpand took awayH5375
HNcfpcof his sons,H1121
HNcmpcHSp3msand brought themH935
HNpHSdAnd they buriedH6912
HCHVqw3msfor his transgressionH4604
HVqp3msagainst the LORD,H3068
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HTrhe did notH3808
HRHVqccounsel of one who hada familiar spirit,H178
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved