1. So all Israel enrolled themselves by genealogies. And behold, they were written in the book of the kings of Israel and Judah, who were exiled to Babylon for their transgression.
2. And the first people who dwelt in their possessions in their cities were the Israelites, the priests, Levites, and the temple servants.
3. And in Jerusalem lived the children of Judah, and some of the children of Benjamin, and of the children of Ephraim, and Manasseh:
4. Uthai the son of Ammihud, the son of Omri, the son of Imri, the son of Bani, of the sons of Pharez the son of Judah.
5. And of the Shilonites, Asaiah the firstborn and his sons.
6. And of the sons of Zerah, Jeuel, and their brethren, six hundred and ninety.
7. And of the sons of Benjamin, Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Hodaviah, the son of Hassenuah,
8. And Ibneiah the son of Jeroham, and Elah the son of Uzzi, the son of Michri, and Meshullam the son of Shephathiah, the son of Reuel, the son of Ibnijah,
9. And their brethren, according to their generations, nine hundred and fifty-six. All these men were chief of the fathers in the house of their fathers.
10. And of the priests, Jedaiah, and Jehoiarib, and Jachin,
11. And Azariah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, the ruler of the house of God,
12. And Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pashhur, the son of Malchijah, and Maasai the son of Adiel, the son of Jahzerah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Meshillemith, the son of Immer,
13. And their brethren, heads of their fathers’ house, seventeen hundred and sixty very able men for the work of the service of the house of God.
14. And of the Levites: Shemaiah the son of Hasshub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, of the sons of Merari,
15. And Bakbakkar, Heresh, and Galal, and Mattaniah the son of Micah, the son of Zichri, the son of Asaph,
16. And Obadiah the son of Shemaiah, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun, and Berechiah the son of Asa, the son of Elkanah, who lived in the villages of the Netophathites.
17. And the gatekeepers were Shallum, and Akkub, and Talmon, and Ahiman, and their brothers; Shallum was the chief.
18. And before they were at the king’s gate eastward, they were gatekeepers in the companies of the children of Levi.
19. And Shallum the son of Kore, the son of Ebiasaph, the son of Korah, and his brethren, of the house of his father, the Korahites, were over the work of the service, keepers of the gates of the tabernacle. And their fathers were over the camp of the LORD, keepers of the entrance.
20. And Phinehas the son of Eleazar was the ruler over them in time past, and the LORD was with him.
21. Zechariah the son of Meshelemiah was gatekeeper of the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
22. All these chosen for gatekeepers in the gates were two hundred and twelve. These were reckoned by their genealogies, in their villages, whom David and Samuel the seer ordained in their set office.
23. So they and their children had the oversight of the gates of the house of the LORD, namely the house of the tabernacle, by watches.
24. The gatekeepers were to the four quarters: toward the east, west, north, and south.
25. And their brethren in their villages, were to come in for seven days from time to time with them.
26. For the four chief gatekeepers were in a set office; they were Levites. They were also over the rooms and over the treasuries of the house of God.
27. And they spent the night around the house of God because the watch was upon them. And they were to open it morning by morning.
28. And certain of them were over the ministering vessels, that they should bring them in and out by count.
29. Some of them also were appointed to oversee the vessels and all the instruments of the sanctuary, and the fine flour, and the wine, and the oil, and the frankincense, and the spices.
30. And some of the sons of the priests made the ointment of the spices.
31. And Mattithiah of the Levites, who was the firstborn of Shallum the Korahite, had the responsibility over the things that were made in the pans.
32. And others of the sons of the Kohathites, from among their brethren, were over the showbread to prepare it Sabbath by Sabbath.
33. And these were the singers, chief of the fathers of the Levites in the chambers; they were free of duty, for they were employed in that work day and night.
34. These chief fathers of the Levites were chief throughout their generations. These lived at Jerusalem.
35. And Jeiel, the father of Gibeon, lived in Gibeon. His wife’s name was Maacah.
36. And his firstborn son was Abdon, then Zur, and Kish, and Baal, and Ner, and Nadab,
37. And Gedor, and Ahio, and Zechariah, and Mikloth.
38. And Mikloth begat Shimeam. And they also dwelt with their brethren at Jerusalem, across from their brethren.
39. And Ner begat Kish. And Kish begat Saul. And Saul begat Jonathan, and Malchishua, and Abinadab, and Esh-Baal.
40. And the son of Jonathan was Merib-Baal. And Merib-Baal begat Micah.
41. And the sons of Micah: Pithon, and Melech, and Tahrea, and Ahaz;
42. And Ahaz begat Jarah. And Jarah begat Alemeth, and Azmaveth, and Zimri. And Zimri begat Moza.
43. And Moza begat Binea; and Rephaiah was his son; Eleasah, his son; Azel his son.
44. And to Azel were six sons, and these were their names: Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and Obadiah, and Hanan. These were the sons of Azel.
HNpenrolled themselves by genealogies.H3187
HVtp3cpAnd behold, theyH2009
HNcmscof the kingsH4428
HCHNpwho were exiledH1540
HRHNpfor their transgression.H4604
And the firstH7223
HCHTdHVqrmpain their possessionsH272
HRHNcfscHSp3mpin their citiesH5892
HTdHNgmpaand the temple servants.H5411
And in JerusalemH3389
HNpand some ofH4480
HTdHNcmsaand his sons.H1121
HNpand their brethren,H251
And their brethren,H251
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpaccording to their generations,H8435
HNcmpcof the fathersH1
HNcmpain the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof their fathers.H1
HNcmscof the houseH1004
And their brethren,H251
HNcmpaof their fathers'H1
HAampcfor the workH4399
HNcfscof the serviceH5656
HNcfscof the houseH1004
HTdHVqrmsain the villagesH2691
HRHNcbpcof the Netophathites.H5200
And the gatekeepersH7778
HCHNpand their brothers;H251
HDthey were at the king'sH4428
HTdHNcmpain the companiesH4264
HRHNcbpcof the childrenH1121
HNpand his brethren,H251
HCHNcmpcHSp3msof the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof his father,H1
HNcfscof the service,H5656
HVqrmpcof the gatesH5592
HTdHNcmpaof the tabernacle.H168
HRdHNcmsaAnd their fathersH1
HNcbscof the LORD,H3068
HVqrmpcof the entrance.H3996
HRHSp3mpin time past,H6440
HNcmsaof the doorH6607
HNcmsaof the tabernacleH168
HRHNcmscof the congregation.H4150
HRHNcmpain the gatesH5592
HPp3mpwere reckoned by their genealogies,H3187
HVtcHSp3mpin their villages,H2691
HVpp3msin their set office.H530
HCHPp3mpand their childrenH1121
HCHNcmpcHSp3mphadthe oversight ofH5921
HTdHNcmpaof the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HRHNcmscof the tabernacle,H168
HVqi3mpwereto the fourH702
HNcbpatoward the east,H4217
And their brethrenH251
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpin their villages,H2691
HRHNcbpcHSp3mpwereto come inH935
HPp3mpwere in a set office;H530
HTdHNcmpcof the houseH1004
And they spent the nightH3885
And certain of themHm
HCthey should bring them inH935
Some of themHm
HCHRHSp3mpalso were appointedH4487
HNcmpcof the sanctuary,H6944
HCHRthe fine flour,H5560
HTdHNcfsaand the wine,H3196
HCHTdHNcmsaand the oil,H8081
HCHTdHNcmsaand the frankincense,H3828
HCHTdHNcfsaand the spices.H1314
HCHRof the sonsH1121
HNcmpcof the priestsH3548
HTdHNcfsaof the spices.H1314
HTdHNgmsahad the responsibilityH530
HRthe things that were madeH4639
HNcmscin the pans.H2281
And others ofH4480
HNcmpcof the Kohathites,H6956
HNcmpcof the fathersH1
HNcmpaof the LevitesH3881
HRdHNgmpain the chambers;H3957
HRdHNcfpathey were free of duty,H6362
HRHSp3mpemployed in that workH4399
HTdHNcmpaof the LevitesH3881
HNcmpcthroughout their generations.H8435
And his firstbornH1060
HRfrom their brethren.H251
And the sonH1121
And the sonsH1121
HCHNpwas his son;H1121
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved