1. For it came to pass as David sat in his house, David said to Nathan the prophet, “Behold, I dwell in a house of cedars, but the ark of the covenant of the LORD dwells under curtains.”
2. And Nathan said to David, “Do all that is in your heart, for God is with you.”
3. And it came to pass the same night the word of God came to Nathan, saying,
4. “Go and tell David My servant, ‘Thus says the LORD, “You shall not build a house for Me to dwell in,
5. For I have not dwelt in a house since the day that I brought up Israel, even to this day, but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another.
6. Wherever I have walked with all Israel, did I speak a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to feed My people, saying, ‘Why have you not built Me a house of cedars?’ ” ‘
7. Now therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, “I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, so that you should be ruler over My people Israel.
8. And I have been with you wherever you have walked, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a name like the name of the great men who are in the earth.
9. And I will ordain a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall live in their place and shall be moved no more; nor shall the children of wickedness waste them any more as at the beginning,
10. And since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel. And I will subdue all your enemies. And I declare to you that the LORD will build you a house.
11. And it shall come to pass, when your days have ended so that you must go to be with your fathers, I will raise up your seed after you, who shall be from your sons. And I will make his kingdom sure.
12. He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne forever.
13. I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. And I will not take My steadfast love mercyaway from him as I took it from him who was before you.
14. And I will settle him in My house and in My kingdom forever. And his throne shall be established forever.” ‘ ”
15. According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.
16. And David the king came and sat before the LORD, and said, “Who am I, O, LORD God, and what is my house that You have brought me this far?
17. And yet this was a small thing in Your eyes, O God, for You have also spoken of Your servant’s house for a great while to come and have regarded me according to the estate of a man of high degree, O LORD God.
18. What can David say more to You for the honor of Your servant? For You know Your servant!
19. O LORD, for Your servant’s sake, and according to Your own heart, You have done all this greatness in making known all these great things.
20. O LORD, there is none like You; neither is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
21. And what one nation in the earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem to be His own people, to make for Yourself a name of greatness and terribleness by driving out nations from before Your people whom You have redeemed out of Egypt?
22. And You have chosen Your people Israel for Yourself, for Your own people forever. And You, LORD, have become their God.
23. And now, O LORD, let the thing which You have spoken, concerning Your servant and concerning his house, be established forever, and do as You have said.
24. Let it even be established, so that Your name may be magnified forever, saying, ‘The LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, is God to Israel.’ And let the house of David Your servant be established before You,
25. For You, O my God, have told Your servant that You will build him a house. Therefore, Your servant has found it in his heart to pray before You.
26. And now, LORD, You are God, and have promised this goodness to Your servant.
27. And now let it please You to bless the house of Your servant so that it may be before You forever, for You have blessed, O LORD, and it shall be blessed forever.”
For it came to passH1961
HVqp3msin his house,H1004
HVqrmsain a houseH1004
HTdHNcmpabut the arkH727
HCHNcbscof the covenantH1285
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HRHSp1csto dwell in,H3427
HCI have notH3808
HVqp1csin a houseH1004
HTrI brought upH5927
HTdHNcmsabut have goneH1961
HNcmsaand from one tabernacleH4908
HTrI have walkedH1980
HNpdid I speakH1696
HAcmsaof the judgesH8199
HRHTihave you notH3808
HDshall you sayH559
HVqi2msto My servantH5650
HTdHNcbsaso that you should beH1961
And I have beenH1961
HTryou have walked,H1980
HVqp2msand have cut offH3772
HVqrmpcHSp2msfrom before you,H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp2msand have madeH6213
HNcmsalike the nameH8034
HRHNcmscof the great menH1419
HTrare in the earth.H776
And I will ordainH7760
HNcmsafor My peopleH5971
HNpand will plant them,H5193
HCHVqq1csHSp3msand they shall live inH7931
HRHSp3msand shall be movedH7264
HCHTnshall the childrenH1121
And since the timeH3117
HVqrmpato be overH5921
HNpAnd I will subdueH3665
HVqrmpcHSp2msAnd I declareH5046
HRHSp2msthat the LORDH3068
And it shall come to pass,H1961
HVqp3cpso that you must go to beH3212
HNcmpcHSp2msI will raise upH6965
HVqi3msfrom your sons.H1121
HRHNcmpcHSp2msAnd I will makeH3559
HTohis kingdom sure.H4438
HRHNcmsaAnd I will notH3808
HCHNcmscHSp1csaway from himH5973
HVhp1csitfrom him whoH834
And I will settle himH5975
HCHVhq1csHSp3msin My houseH1004
HRHNcmscHSp1csand in My kingdomH4438
HTdHNcmsaAnd his throneH3678
HTdHNcmpaand according to allH3605
HCHTiis my houseH1004
HCYou have brought meH935
And yet thisH2063
HPdxfswas a small thingH6994
HCHVqw3fsin Your eyes,H5869
HNcmpafor You have also spokenH1696
HCHVpw2msof Your servant'sH5650
HRa great while to comeH7350
HRHRHAamsaand have regarded meH7200
HCHVqp2msHSp1csaccording to the estateH8448
HRHNcmscof a manH120
HTdHNcmsaof high degree,H4609
HRHSp2msfor the honorH3519
HToof Your servant?H5650
HNpfor Your servant'sH5650
HRHNcmscand according to Your own heart,H3820
HCHRHNcmscHSp2msYou have doneH6213
HTdHNcfsain making knownH3045
HCHTnis there anyGodH430
HRHSp2msaccording to allH3605
HTrwe have heardH8085
HVqp1cpwith our ears.H241
HNcmsain the earthH776
HRdHNcbsaislike Your peopleH5971
HRHVqcredeemto be HisHl
HCHVNrfpaby driving outH1644
HTrYou have redeemedH6299
HVqp2msout of Egypt?H4714
And You have chosenH5414
HRYour own peopleH5971
HNplet the thingH1697
HTrYou have spoken,H1696
HRHTrYou have said.H1696
Let it even be established,H539
HCHVNi3msso that Your nameH8034
HNcmscHSp2msmay be magnifiedH1431
HRHNpAnd let the houseH1004
HPp2msO my God,H430
HNcmscHSp2msthat You will buildH1129
HRit in his heartto prayH6419
HCHDlet it please YouH2974
HNcmscof Your servantH5650
HNcmscHSp2msso that it may beH1961
HNpand it shall be blessedH1288
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved