1. The sons of Judah were Pharez, Hezron, and Carmi, and Hur, and Shobal.
2. And Reaiah the son of Shobal begat Jahath. And Jahath begat Ahumai, and Lahad. These are the families of the Zorathites.
3. And these were of the father of Etam: Jezreel, and Ishma, and Idbash, and the name of their sister was Hazelelponi;
4. And Penuel the father of Gedor, and Ezer the father of Hushah. These are the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephrathah, the father of Bethlehem.
5. And Ashhur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.
6. And Naarah bore him Ahuzzam, and Hepher, and Temeni, and Haahashtari. These were the sons of Naarah.
7. And the sons of Helah: Zereth, and Zohar, and Ethnan.
8. And Coz begat Anub, and Zobebah, and the families of Aharhel, the son of Harum.
9. And Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. And his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him with sorrow.”
10. And Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and make my border larger, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, so that it may not grieve me!” And God granted him that which he asked.
11. And Chelub the brother of Shuhah begat Mehir; he was the father of Eshton.
12. And Eshton begat Beth-Rapha, and Paseah, and Tehinnah, the father of Ir- Nahash. These are the men of Rechah.
13. And the sons of Kenaz: Othniel and Seraiah. And the son of Othniel was Hathath.
14. And Meonothai begat Ophrah. And Seraiah begat Joab, the father of the Valley of the Craftsmen—for they were craftsmen.
15. And the sons of Caleb the son of Jephunneh: Iru, Elah, and Naam. And the son of Elah was Kenaz.
16. And the sons of Jehalelel: Ziph, and Ziphah, Tiria, and Asarel.
17. And the sons of Ezrah: Jether, and Mered, and Epher, and Jalon. And she bore Miriam and Shammai, and Ishbah, Eshtemoa’s father.
18. And his wife Jehudijah bore Jered the father of Gedor, and Heber the father of Sochoh, and Jekuthiel the father of Zanoah. And these are the sons of Bithiah the daughter of Pharaoh, whom Mered took.
19. And the sons of his wife Hodiah, the sister of Naham, were the father of Keilah the Garmite, and Eshtemoa the Maachathite.
20. And the sons of Shimon: Amnon, and Rinnah, Ben-Hanan, and Tilon. And the sons of Ishi: Zoheth and Ben-Zoheth.
21. The sons of Shelah the son of Judah: Er the father of Lecah, and Laadah the father of Mareshah, and the families of the house of those who worked with fine linen, from the house of Ashbea;
22. And Jokim, and the men of Chozeba, and Joash, and Saraph, who had the rule over Moab, and Jashubi-Lehem. And these are ancient records.
23. These were the potters and those who lived among plants and hedges. They lived there with the king for his work.
24. The sons of Simeon: Nemuel, and Jamin, Jarib, Zerah, Shaul,
25. Shallum his son, Mibsam his son, Mishma his son.
26. And the sons of Mishma: Hamuel his son, Zacchur his son, Shimei his son.
27. And Shimei had sixteen sons and six daughters. But his brothers did not have many sons, and all their family did not multiply like the children of Judah.
28. And they lived at Beersheba, and Moladah, and Hazar Shual,
29. And at Bilhah, and at Ezem, and at Tolad,
30. And at Bethuel, and at Hormah, and at Ziklag,
31. And at Beth Marcaboth, and Hazar Susim, and at Beth Birei, and at Shaaraim. These were their cities until the reign of David.
32. And their villages were Etam and Ain, Rimmon, Tochen, and Ashan, five cities.
33 And all their villages were around these cities, as far as Baal. These were their homes, and they maintained their family line:
34. Meshobab, and Jamlech, and Joshah the son of Amaziah,
35. And Joel, and Jehu the son of Joshibiah, the son of Seraiah, the son of Asiel,
36. And Elioenai, Jaakobah, Jeshohaiah, Asaiah, Adiel, Jesimiel and Benaiah,
37. And Ziza the son of Shiphi, the son of Allon, the son of Jedaiah, the son of Shimri, the son of Shemaiah.
38. These listed by name were rulers in their families. And the house of their fathers increased greatly.
39. And they went to the entrance of Gedor, to the east side of the valley, to look for pasture for their flocks.
40. And they found fertile and good pasture, for the land was wide and quiet and peaceable—for some of the sons of Ham had lived there of old.
41. And these written by name came in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah, and struck their tents and the homes that were found there, and completely destroyed them as it is this day, and lived in their places because there was pasture there for their flocks.
42. And some of them, of the sons of Simeon, five hundred men went to Mount Seir, having for their captains Pelatiah, and Neariah, and Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the sons of Ishi.
43. And they destroyed the remnant of the Amalekites who had escaped, and have lived there to this day.
HNcfpcof the Zorathites.H6882
HVNrmsathan his brothers.H251
HRHNcmpcHSp3msAnd his motherH517
HCYou would blessH1288
HToand make my borderH1366
HCHVhq2msand that Your handH3027
HRHSp1csand that You would keepH6213
HCHVqq2msme from evil,H7451
HRHNcfsaso that it may notH1115
HTohim that whichH834
HNcmscof the ValleyH1516
HNcbscof the Craftsmen—H2798
And the sonsH1121
HCHNpAnd she boreH2029
And his wifeH802
And the sonsH1121
HCHNcmpcof his wifeH802
HNpand the familiesH4940
HCHNcfpcof the houseH1004
HNcmscof those who workedH5656
HNcfscwith fine linen,H948
HTdHNcmsafrom the houseH1004
HCHNpand the menH376
HTrhad the ruleH1166
HCHNpAnd these are ancientH6267
HTdHVqrmpaand those who livedH3427
HTdHNcmsafor his work.H4399
HCHNcfpaBut his brothersH251
And at Beth Marcaboth,H1024
HCHRHNpand Hazar Susim,H2702
HCHRHNpand at Beth Birei,H1011
HCHRHNpand at Shaaraim.H8189
HTdHNcfpaas far asH5704
HNcmpcHSp3mpand they maintained theirHl
HNcmpain their families.H4940
HRHNcfpcHSp3mpAnd the houseH1004
HCHNcmscof their fathersH1
And they wentH3212
HCHVqw3mpto the entranceH3996
HRthe east sideH4217
HRHNcmscof the valley,H1516
HNcmsafor their flocks.H6629
And they foundH4672
HNcmsafor the landH776
HRthe sons of HamH2526
HDHSdand completely destroyed themH2763
HRit is thisH2088
HCHVqw3mpin their placesH8478
HNcmsathere for their flocks.H6629
And some of them,Hm
HNphaving for their captainsH7218
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved