1. And the sons of Reuben, the firstborn of Israel—for he was the firstborn; but since he defiled his father’s bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph the son of Israel, and the genealogy is not to be reckoned according to the birthright;
2. For Judah prevailed among his brothers, and from him came the chief ruler, but the birthright was Joseph’s.
3. The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel: Hanoch, and Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi.
4. The sons of Joel: Shemaiah his son, Gog his son, Shimei his son,
5. Micah his son, Reaiah his son, Baal his son,
6. And Beerah his son, whom Tilgath- Pilneser king of Assyria carried away. He was ruler of the men of Reuben.
7. And his brethren by their families, when the genealogy of their generations was reckoned: Jeiel the chief, and Zechariah,
8. And Bela the son of Azaz, the son of Shema, the son of Joel, who lived in Aroer, even as far as Nebo and Baal Meon.
9. And he lived as far to the east as the entrance of the wilderness from the river Euphrates because their cattle were multiplied in the land of Gilead.
10. And in the days of Saul they made war with the Hagrites, who fell by their hand. And they lived in their tents throughout all the east land of Gilead.
11. And the children of Gad lived opposite them in the land of Bashan as far as Salcah:
12. Joel the chief, and Shapham the next, and Jaanai, and Shaphat in Bashan.
13. And their brethren from the house of their fathers: Michael, and Meshullam, and Sheba, and Jorai, and Jachan, and Zia, and Heber, seven in all.
14. These are the children of Abihail the son of Huri, the son of Jaroah, the son of Gilead, the son of Michael, the son of Jeshishai, the son of Jahdo, the son of Buz,
15. Ahi the son of Abdiel, the son of Guni, chief of the house of their fathers.
16. And they lived in Gilead in Bashan, and in its towns, and in all the open lands of Sharon, on their borders.
17. All these were counted by genealogies in the days of Jotham king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam king of Israel.
18. The sons of Reuben, and the sons of Gad, and half the tribe of Manasseh— valiant men, men lifting up shield and sword, and able to shoot with the bow, and skillful in war—were forty-four thousand, seven hundred and sixty who went out to the war.
19. And they made war with the Hagrites, with Jetur, and Nephish, and Nodab.
20. And they were helped against them, and the Hagrites were delivered into their hand, and all who were with them, for they cried to God in the battle, and He was pleased to hear them because they put their trust in Him.
21. And they took away their livestock—of their camels, fifty thousand; and of sheep, two hundred fifty thousand, and of donkeys two thousand; and of men a hundred thousand,
22. For many fell down slain because the war was of God. And they lived in their places until the captivity.
23. And the children of the half-tribe of Manasseh lived in the land. They increased from Bashan to Baal Hermon and Senir, and to Mount Hermon.
24. And these were the heads of the house of their fathers, even Epher, and Ishi, and Eliel, and Azriel, and Jeremiah, and Hodaviah, and Jahdiel, mighty men of war, famous men, heads of the house of their fathers.
25. But they acted treacherously against the God of their fathers, and went awhoring after the gods of the people of the land, whom God destroyed before them.
26. And the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria (that is, Tilgath- Pilneser king of Assyria). And he exiled them, the people of Reuben and the people of Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, and brought them to Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river Gozan, even to this day.
And the sonsH1121
HTdHNcmsabut since he defiledH2490
HVNp3fsto the sonsH1121
HNpand the genealogy is notH3808
HCHTnto be reckonedH3187
HRHVtcaccording to the birthright;H1062
HNcmsaof the men of Reuben.H7206
And his brethrenH251
HCHNcmpcHSp3msby their families,H4940
HRHNcfpcHSp3mswhen the genealogyH3187
HRHVtcof their generationsH8435
HRHNcfpcHSp3mpwas reckoned: JeielH3273
HRHNpeven as far asH5704
HNpand Baal Meon.H1186
And he livedH3427
HRto the eastH4217
HCHRdHNcmsaas the entranceH935
HRHVqcof the wildernessH4057
HVqp3cpin the landH776
And in the daysH3117
HCHVqw3mpby their hand.H3027
HRHNcbscHSp3mpAnd they livedH3427
HCHVqw3mpin their tentsH168
And their brethrenH251
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpfrom the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof their fathers:H1
And they livedH3427
HRdHNpand in its towns,H1323
HCHRHNcfpcHSp3fsand in allH3605
HCHRHNcmscthe open landsH4054
HNcmscHSp3mpwere counted by genealogiesH3187
HVtp3cpin the daysH3117
HNpand in the daysH3117
HNpand the sonsH1121
HNcmpamen lifting upH5375
HCHNcfsaand able to shootH1869
HCHVqrmpcwith the bow,H7198
HCHAcbpawho went outH3318
HVqrmpcto the war.H4421
And they were helpedH5826
HRHSp3mpand the HagritesH1905
HCHVNw3mpinto their hand,H3027
HCHNcmsawho were with them,H5973
HRHNcmpain the battle,H4421
HRdHNcfsaand He was pleased to hearH6279
HCthey put their trustH982
And they took awayH7617
HNcmscHSp3mpof their camels,H1581
HAcbsaand of sheep,H6629
HAcbsaand of donkeysH2543
HCHNcbscand of menH120
HRHTdHNcmpaAnd they livedH3427
HCHVqw3mpin their placesH8478
And the childrenH1121
HCHNcmpcof the half-tribeH2677
HVqp3cpin the land.H776
HCHNpand to MountH2022
HNcmpcof the houseH1004
HNcmscof their fathers,H1
HNcmpaof the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof their fathers.H1
But they acted treacherouslyH4603
HCHVqw3mpagainst the GodH430
HRHNcmpcof their fathers,H1
HNcmpcHSp3mpand went awhoringH2181
HNcmpcof the peopleH5971
HNcmpcof the land,H776
And the GodH430
HNpAnd he exiled them,H1540
HCHVhw3msHSp3mpthe people of ReubenH7206
HRdHNgmsaand the people of Gad,H1425
HCHRdHNgmsaand the half-tribeH2677
HNpand brought themH935
HCHNpand to the riverH5104
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved