1. Be imitators of me, exactly as I also am of Christ.
2. Now I praise you, brethren, because you have remembered me in all things, and you are keeping the ordinances in the way that I delivered them to you.
3. But I want you to understand that the Head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is the man, and the Head of Christ is God.
4. Every man who has a covering on his head when he is praying or prophesying puts his Head to shame.
5. But every woman who has her head uncovered when she is praying or prophesying puts her head to shame, for it is the same as being shaved.
6. For if a woman is not covered, let her be shorn. But if it be shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.
7. For, on the one hand, a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but, on the other hand, the woman is the glory of man.
8. For the man is not of the woman, but the woman is of the man.
9. And also, the man was not created for the sake of the woman, but the woman for the sake of the man.
10. For this reason, it is necessary for the woman to have a sign of being under authority on her head because of the angels.
11. Nevertheless, neither is the man separate from the woman, nor the woman separate from the man in the Lord.
12. For as the woman is of the man, so also the man is by the woman; but all things are of God.
13. You judge for yourselves. Is it becoming for a woman to pray to God uncovered?
14. Or does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a shame to him?
15. But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; because the long hair has been given to her instead of a veil to cover her head.
16. But if anyone is contentious over this issue, we have no such custom, neither do the churches of God.
17. Now in this that I am commanding you, I do not praise you, because when you assemble together, it is not for the better but for the worse.
18. For first of all, I hear that there are divisions among you when you are assembled together in the church, and I partly believe it.
19.For it is necessary that heresies be among you, so that the ones who are approved may become manifest among you.
20. Therefore, when you assemble together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s supper.
21. For in eating, everyone takes his own supper first; now on the one hand, someone goes hungry; but on the other hand, another becomes drunken.
22. WHAT! Don’t you have houses for eating and drinking? Or do you despise the church of God, and put to shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you!
24. And after giving thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body, which is being broken for you. This do in the remembrance of Me.”
25. In like manner, He also took the cup after He had supped, saying, “This is the cup of the New Covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in the remembrance of Me.”
26. For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you solemnly proclaim the death of the Lord until He comes.
27. For this reason, if anyone shall eat this bread or shall drink the cup of the Lord unworthily, he shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord.
28. But let a man examine himself, and let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup accordingly
29. Because the one who eats and drinks unworthily is eating and drinking judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord.
30. For this very reason, many are weak and sickly among you, and many have fallen asleep.
31. Now if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged.
32. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, so that we will not be condemned with the world.
33. So then, my brethren, when you assemble together to eat the bread and drink the cup, wait for one another.
34. But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, so that there will be no cause for judgment when you assemble together. And the other matters I will set in order when I come.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved