1. Be imitators of me, exactly as I also am of Christ.
2. Now I praise you, brethren, because you have remembered me in all things, and you are keeping the ordinances in the way that I delivered them to you.
3. But I want you to understand that the Head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is the man, and the Head of Christ is God.
4. Every man who has a covering on his head when he is praying or prophesying puts his Head to shame.
5. But every woman who has her head uncovered when she is praying or prophesying puts her head to shame, for it is the same as being shaved.
6. For if a woman is not covered, let her be shorn. But if it be shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.
7. For, on the one hand, a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but, on the other hand, the woman is the glory of man.
8. For the man is not of the woman, but the woman is of the man.
9. And also, the man was not created for the sake of the woman, but the woman for the sake of the man.
10. For this reason, it is necessary for the woman to have a sign of being under authority on her head because of the angels.
11. Nevertheless, neither is the man separate from the woman, nor the woman separate from the man in the Lord.
12. For as the woman is of the man, so also the man is by the woman; but all things are of God.
13. You judge for yourselves. Is it becoming for a woman to pray to God uncovered?
14. Or does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a shame to him?
15. But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; because the long hair has been given to her instead of a veil to cover her head.
16. But if anyone is contentious over this issue, we have no such custom, neither do the churches of God.
17. Now in this that I am commanding you, I do not praise you, because when you assemble together, it is not for the better but for the worse.
18. For first of all, I hear that there are divisions among you when you are assembled together in the church, and I partly believe it.
19.For it is necessary that heresies be among you, so that the ones who are approved may become manifest among you.
20. Therefore, when you assemble together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s supper.
21. For in eating, everyone takes his own supper first; now on the one hand, someone goes hungry; but on the other hand, another becomes drunken.
22. WHAT! Don’t you have houses for eating and drinking? Or do you despise the church of God, and put to shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you!
24. And after giving thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body, which is being broken for you. This do in the remembrance of Me.”
25. In like manner, He also took the cup after He had supped, saying, “This is the cup of the New Covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in the remembrance of Me.”
26. For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you solemnly proclaim the death of the Lord until He comes.
27. For this reason, if anyone shall eat this bread or shall drink the cup of the Lord unworthily, he shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord.
28. But let a man examine himself, and let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup accordingly
29. Because the one who eats and drinks unworthily is eating and drinking judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord.
30. For this very reason, many are weak and sickly among you, and many have fallen asleep.
31. Now if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged.
32. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, so that we will not be condemned with the world.
33. So then, my brethren, when you assemble together to eat the bread and drink the cup, wait for one another.
34. But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, so that there will be no cause for judgment when you assemble together. And the other matters I will set in order when I come.
CONJyou have rememberedG3415
P-1GSin all things,G3956
CONJyou are keepingG2722
N-APFin the way thatG2531
V-AAI-1Sthem to you.G5213
N-NSFof the womanG1135
N-GSFwhen he is prayingG4336
N-NSFwho has herG3588
A-DSFwhen she is prayingG4336
V-PMI-3Slet her be shorn.G2751
CONJit be shamefulG150
T-NSNto be shornG2751
V-AMNlet her be covered.G2619
CONJon the one hand,G3303
N-ASFsince he isG5225
N-GSMbut, on the other hand,G1161
V-API-3Sfor the sake ofG1223
N-NSFfor the sake ofG1223
PREPit is necessaryG3784
V-PANa sign of being under authorityG1849
CONJ-Nis the manG435
PRTdoes not evenG3761
N-NSMhas long hair,G2863
N-NSFhas long hair,G2863
N-NSFhas been givenG1325
PREPa veil to cover her head.G4018
A-NSMover this issue,G1380
D-ASNthat I am commandingG3853
V-PAP-NSMyou, I do notG3756
CONJwhen you assemble together,G4905
V-PNI-2Pit is notG3756
PRTfirst of all,G4412
V-PAI-1Sthat there areG5225
P-2GPare assembled togetherG4905
CONJthe ones whoG3588
N-ASNfirst; now on the one hand,G2532
V-PAI-3Sbut on the other hand,G1161
CONJdo you despiseG2706
CONJput to shameG2617
I-ASNshall I sayG2036
P-2DPShall I praiseG1867
D-DSNI do notG3756
R-ASNI also deliveredG3860
R-DSFHe was betrayedG3860
CONJafter giving thanks,G2168
T-NSNis being brokenG2806
In like manner,G5615
T-ASNHe had supped,G1172
V-PAM-2Pas often asG3740
CONJas often asG3740
N-ASNyou solemnly proclaimG2605
For this reason,G5620
ADVhe shall beG2071
CONJlet a manG444
CONJlet him eatG2068
CONJthe one whoG3588
CONJwhen we are judged,G2919
V-PPP-NPMwe are chastenedG3811
CONJwe will notG3361
V-PAI-3Slet him eatG2068
CONJthere will be noG3361
N-ASNwhen you assemble together.G4905
A-APNI will set in orderG1299
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved