1. Now brethren, I do not wish you to be ignorant concerning the spiritual gifts.
3. Therefore, I am letting you know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed; and no one can say that Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit.
4. Now there are differences of gifts, but the same Spirit;
5. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
7. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the benefit of all.
8. For to one, a word of wisdom is given by the Spirit; and to another, a word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
9. And to a different one, faith by the same Spirit; and to another, gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10. And to another, the working of miracles; and to another, prophecy; and to another, discerning of spirits; and to a different one, various languages; and to another, the interpretation of languages.
11. But the one and the same Spirit is operating in all these things, dividing separately to each one as God Himself desires.
12. For even as the body is one and has many members, yet all the members of the one body, though many, are one body; so also is Christ.
13. For indeed, by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether bondmen or free—and we were all made to drink into one Spirit.
14. For the body of Christ is not one member, but many.
15. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” would this then cause it not to be part of the body?
16. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” would this then cause it not to be part of the body?
17. If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the smelling be?
18. But now has God Himself placed each one of the members in the body according to His own will.
19. For if all were one member, where would the body be?
20. But now are there many members, yet they are one body.
21. And the eye is not able to say to the hand, “I have no need of you.” Or again, the head is not able to say to the feet, “I have no need of you.”
22. But much to the contrary, the members of the body that appear to be weaker are necessary;
23. And those members that we regard as less honorable to the body, upon these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater modesty.
24. But our more presentable parts do not have this need. Rather, God has tempered the body together, giving more abundant honor to those members that are deficient,
25. So that there might not be any division in the body, but that the members might have the same concern for one another.
26. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with him; and if one member is glorified, all the members rejoice with him.
27. Now you are the body of Christ, and you are all individual members.
29. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all perform miracles?
30. Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in different languages? Do all interpret?
31. But earnestly desire the more edifying gifts; and yet I show you a way far surpassing all these.
N-NPNand were carried awayG520
PRTyou yourselves were led awayG71
V-IPI-2Pagain and again.
CONJI am letting youG5213
CONJto a different one,G2087
CONJto a different one,G2087
CONJGod Himself desires.G1014
CONJwe were allG3956
A-NPMmade to drinkG4222
N-NSNwere an eye,G3788
CONJHis own will.G2309
N-NSFis not able to say to theG3588
ADVto the contrary,G235
A-APN-Cto the body, upon theseG5125
A-NPNparts are treated withG2192
T-NPNmore presentable partsG2158
N-ASFto those members thatG3588
CONJthere might notG3361
N-NPNmight have theG3588
N-NPNsuffer with him;G4841
N-NPNrejoice with him.G4796
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved