1. If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
3. And if I give away all my goods, and if I deliver up my body that I may be burned, but do not have love, I have gained nothing.
5. Love does not behave disgracefully, does not seek its own things, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil,
6. Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth.
7. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8. Love never fails. But whether there be prophecies, they shall cease; whether there be languages, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;
10. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part shall be set aside.
11. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I reasoned as a child; but when I became a man, I set aside the things of a child.
12. For now we see through a glass darkly, but then we shall see face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know exactly as I have been known.
N-ASFI have becomeG1096
V-PAS-1Sthe gift of prophecy,G4394
CONJas to removeG3179
CONJI give awayG5595
CONDI deliver upG3860
CONJI may be burned,G2545
N-ASFI have gainedG5623
V-PAI-3Sand is kind;G5541
PRT-Nbrag about itself,G4068
Love does notG3756
F-3GSFthings, is notG3756
CONJthere be prophecies,G4394
N-NPFthey shall cease;G2673
CONJthere be languages,G1100
N-NPFthey shall cease;G3973
CONJthere be knowledge,G1108
N-NSFit shall vanish away.G2673
N-NSMI set asideG2673
ADVwe shall see faceG4383
ADVI shall knowG1921
CONJI have been known.G1921
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved