1. Does anyone among you who has a matter against another dare to go to a court of law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?
2. Don’t you know that the saints shall judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you unworthy of the most trivial of judgments?
3. Don’t you know that we shall judge angels? How much more then the things of this life?
4. So then, if you have judgments concerning the things of this life, why do you appoint as judges those who have no standing in the church?
5. Now I say this to your shame. Is it because there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who is able to decide between his brothers?
6. Instead, brother goes to a court of law with brother, and this before unbelievers.
7. Now therefore, there is altogether an utter fault among you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded?
8. Instead, you are doing wrong and defrauding, and you are doing these things to your brethren.
9. Don’t you know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers of themselves as women, nor homosexuals,
10. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
12. All things that are lawful are permitted to me, but all things that are lawful are not beneficial; all things that are lawful are permitted to me, but I will not be mastered by anything.
13. Foods are for the belly, and the belly is for foods; but God will destroy both it and those. Now the body is not for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
14. And God has also raised the Lord from the dead, and will raise us by His own power.
15. Don’t you know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? MAY IT NEVER BE!
16. WHAT! Don’t you know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body? For He says, “The two shall be one flesh.”
17. But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit.
18. Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man may commit is outside the body, but the one who commits sexual immorality is sinning against his own body.
19. WHAT! Don’t you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, which you have within you from God, and you are not your own?
20. For you were bought with a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved