1. It is commonly reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles—allowing one to have his own father’s wife.
2. You are puffed up and did not grieve instead, so that he who did this deed might be taken out of your midst.
3. For I indeed, being absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged concerning him who has so shamelessly committed this evil deed as if I were present:
4. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, and my spirit, together with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ
5. To deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
9. I wrote to you in an epistle not to associate with the sexually immoral;
10. And yet, you can not altogether avoid contact with the sexually immoral of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since you would then have to go out of the world.
11. But now, I have written to you not to associate with anyone who is called a brother, if he be either sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a person you are not even to eat.
12. For what responsibility do I have to judge those who are outside the church? Are not you yourselves to judge those who are within?
13. But God judges those who are outside. So then, put the wicked person out from among yourselves.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved