1. So King Solomon was king over all Israel.
2. And these were the rulers which he had: Azariah the son of Zadok the priest,
3. Elihoreph and Ahijah, the sons of Shisha were the scribes. Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud the recorder,
4. And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over the army. And Zadok and Abiathar were priests.
5. And Azariah the son of Nathan was over the officers, and Zabud the son of Nathan was the minister and the king’s friend.
6. And Ahishar was over the household. And Adoniram the son of Abda was over the forced labor.
7. And Solomon had twelve officers over all Israel, who provided food for the king and his household. Each man had his month in a year to provide food.
8. These are their names: the son of Hur in Mount Ephraim;
9. The son of Dekar in Makaz and in Shaalbim, and Beth Shemesh, and Elon Beth Hanan;
10. The son of Hesed, in Arubboth; to him was Sochoh and all the land of Hepher;
11. The son of Abinadab in all the height of Dor, Taphath the daughter of Solomon was a wife to him;
12. Baana the son of Ahilud to whom was Taanach and Megiddo, and all Beth Shean, which is by Zaretan below Jezreel, from Beth Shean to Abel Meholah to the place that is beyond Jokneam;
13. The son of Geber in Ramoth Gilead; to him were the towns of Jair, Manasseh’s son, which are in Gilead; to him was the region of Argob, which is in Bashan, sixty great cities with walls and bronze bars;
14. Ahinadab the son of Iddo had Mahanaim;
15. Ahimaaz was in Naphtali; he also took Basemath the daughter of Solomon for a wife;
16. Baanah the son of Hushai was in Asher and in Aloth;
17. Jehoshaphat the son of Paruah was in Issachar;
18. Shimei the son of Elah was in Benjamin;
19. Geber the son of Uri was in the land of Gilead, the land of Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan; and he was the only officer in the land;
20. Judah and Israel were many, as the sand by the sea in multitude, eating and drinking and making merry.
21. And Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the River to the land of the Philistines and to the border of Egypt. They brought presents and served Solomon all the days of his life.
22. And Solomon’s food for one day was thirty measures of fine flour and sixty measures of meal,
23. Ten fat oxen and twenty oxen out of the pastures, and a hundred sheep, besides harts and roebucks, and fallow deer, and fattened fowl;
24. For he had the rule over all on this side of the River, from Tiphsah even to Gaza, over all the kings on this side of the River. And he had peace on all sides all around him.
25. And Judah and Israel lived safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beersheba, all the days of Solomon.
26. And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
27. And those officers provided food for King Solomon and for all who came to King Solomon’s table, every man in his month. They did not lack anything.
28. They also brought barley and straw for the horses and mules to the place where the officers were, every man according to his charge.
30. And Solomon’s wisdom was greater than the wisdom of all the sons of the east and all the wisdom of Egypt,
33. And he spoke of trees, from the cedar tree in Lebanon even to the hyssop that springs out of the wall. He spoke also of beasts and of birds, and of creeping things, and of fish.
34. And there came from all the people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all the kings of the earth who had heard of his wisdom.
HNcmsaand the king'sH4428
HNpwho provided foodH3557
HTofor the kingH4428
HTdHAcmsahad his monthH2320
HNcmsain a yearH8141
HNpto whom was TaanachH8590
HRHNpfrom Beth SheanH1052
HRthe place that isbeyondH5676
The son of GeberH1127
HNcmscin Ramoth Gilead;H7433
HNpwasin the landH776
HNcmscof the Amorites,H567
HTdHNpand he was the onlyH259
HTrin the land;H776
HAampaas the sandH2344
HCHVqrmpaand making merry.H8056
HTdHNcmsato the landH776
HNcbscof the PhilistinesH6430
HNcmpcof his life.H2416
HNcmscof fine flourH5560
HNcbsaout of the pastures,H7471
HNcmsaand a hundredH3967
HCHNcbsaand fallow deer,H3180
HPp3mshad the ruleH7287
HRHNcmscon this sideH5676
HNcmscof the River,H5104
HNcmpcon this sideH5676
HNcmscof the River.H5104
HTdHNcmsaAnd he hadH1961
HCHRhis fig tree,H8384
HNcmpafor his chariots,H4817
HNcmsain his month.H2320
HNcmscHSp3msThey did notH3808
They also broughtH935
HCHTdHNcmsafor the horsesH5483
HTrthe officers were,H1961
HNcmsaaccording to his charge.H4941
HNcmsaeven as the sandH2344
HCHVqw3fsthan the wisdomH2451
HNcmpcof the eastH6924
For he was wiserH2449
HNpAnd his fameH8034
And he spokeH1696
HRthe cedar treeH730
HVqrmsaof the wall.H7023
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved