1. And Solomon made an alliance by marriage with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and took Pharaoh’s daughter and brought her into the city of David until he finished building his own house and the house of the LORD and the wall around Jerusalem.
2. Only the people sacrificed in high places because there was no house built to the name of the LORD until those days.
3. And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father. Only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
4. And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there, for that was the great high place. Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings upon that altar.
5. In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night. And God said, “Ask what I shall give you!”
6. And Solomon said, “You have shown to Your servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before You in truth and in righteousness and in uprightness of heart with You. And You have kept this great kindness for him,
that You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is today.
7. And now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king instead of David my father. And I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in!
8. And Your servant is in the midst of Your people whom You have chosen, a
numerous people who cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
9. Now therefore, give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, to discern between good and evil, for who is able to judge this, Your great people?”
10. And the word was good in the eyes of the LORD that Solomon had asked this thing.
11. And God said to him, “Because you have asked this thing and have not asked for yourself long life and have not asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to judge justly,
12. Behold, I have done according to your words. Lo, I have given you a wise and an understanding heart, so that there was none like you before you and after you none shall arise like you.
13. And I also have given you that which you have not asked, both riches and honor, so that there shall not be any among the kings like you all your days.
14. Therefore, if you will walk in My ways, to keep My statutes and My commandments,as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days.”
15. And Solomon awoke, and, behold, it was a dream. Then he came to Jerusalem and stood before the ark of the covenant of the LORD and offered up burnt offerings,and offered peace offerings, and made a feast to all his servants.
16. Then there came two women, harlots, to the king and stood before him.
17. And the one woman said, “O my lord, this woman and I live in one house.And I gave birth to a child with her in the house.
18. And it came to pass the third day after I gave birth, this woman also gave birth to a child. And we were together; there was no stranger with us in the house, except the two of us in the house.
19. Then this woman’s child died in the night because she laid on it.
20. And she arose at midnight and took my son from beside me, while your servant was sleeping, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.
21. When I arose in the morning to give my child suck, behold, it was dead. And when I had looked at it in the morning, behold, it was not my son whom I bore.
22. And the other woman said, “No, but the living is my son, and the dead is your son.” And this one said, “No, but the dead is your son, and the living is my son.” So they spoke before the king.
23. And the king said, “The one says, ‘This is my son who lives, and your son is the dead.’ And the other says, ‘No, but your son is the dead, and my son is the living.’ ”
24. And the king said, “Bring me a sword.” And they brought a sword before the king.
25. And the king said, “Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one and half to the other.”
26. And the woman whose son was the living child said to the king, for her womb yearned over her son. And she said, “O my lord, give her the living child, and in no way kill it.” But the other said, “Let it be neither mine nor yours; divide it!”
27. Then the king answered and said, “Give her the living child, and in no way kill it. She is the mother of it.”
28. And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged. And they feared the king, for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him to do judgment.
HNpmade an alliance by marriageH2859
HNcfscand brought herH935
HTohis own houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVprmpain high placesH1116
HCthere was noH3808
HVNp3msto the nameH8034
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHVqcin the statutesH2708
HVprmsaand burnt incenseH6999
HCHVhrmsain high places.H1116
And the kingH4428
HNpin a dreamH2472
HTiI shall giveH5414
HNcmsaaccording as he walkedH1980
HRHNcfsaand in righteousnessH6666
HCHRHNcfsaand in uprightnessH3483
HRHSp2msAnd You have keptH8104
HRHSp3msthat You have givenH5414
HTohave made Your servantH5650
HNcmsaI do notH3808
HVqi1cshowto go outH3318
HVqcor come in!H935
And Your servantH5650
HCHNcmscHSp2msisin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof Your peopleH5971
HTrYou have chosen,H977
Now therefore, giveH5414
HCHVqq2msto Your servantH5650
HTryou have askedH7592
HTdHNcmsaand have notH3808
HNcmpaand have notH3808
HNcbscof your enemies,H341
HVqrmpcHSp2msbut have askedH7592
HTmI have doneH6213
HVqp1csaccording to your words.H1697
HTmI have givenH5414
HAamsaand an understandingH995
HRHNcbpcHSp2msand after youH310
And I alsoH1571
HTryou have notH3808
HTrthere shall notH3808
HNcmsaamong the kingsH4428
HCHCyou will walkH3212
HVqi2msin My ways,H1870
HNcmpcHSp1csand My commandments,H4687
HVqp3msthen I will lengthenH748
HCHTmit wasa dream.H2472
HNcmsaThen he cameH935
HNcbscof the covenantH1285
HNcfscof the LORDH136
HNcmpcHSp1csand offered upH5927
And the oneH259
HRHNcmsaAnd I gave birth to a childH3205
HRHSp3fsin the house.H1004
And it came to passH1961
HRdHNcmsaafter I gave birth,H3205
HTagave birth to a child.H3205
HDthere was noH369
HRHSp1cpin the house,H1004
HPp1cpin the house.H1004
And she aroseH6965
HNcmscHSp1csfrom beside me,H681
HRHRHSp1cswhile your servantH519
HAafsaand laid itH7901
HCHVhw3fsHSp3msin her bosom,H2436
HNcmscHSp3fsin my bosom.H2436
When I aroseH6965
HCHVqw1csin the morningH1242
HToto give my childH1121
HVqp3msAnd when I had lookedH995
HRHSp3msin the morning,H1242
And the otherH312
HNcmscHSp1csand the deadH4191
HTdHVqrmsais your son,H1121
HNcmscHSp2fsand the livingH2416
HTdHAamsais my son."H1121
HCHNcmscHSp1csSo they spokeH1696
And the kingH4428
HTdHAamsaand your sonH1121
HTdHVqrmsaAnd the otherH2063
HTdHVqrmsaand my sonH1121
And the kingH4428
HTdHNcmsato the oneH259
HTdHNcmsato the other."H259
And the womanH802
HNcmscHSp3fswasthe living childH2416
HNcmscHSp3fsAnd she said,H559
HTdHVqsmsaand in noH408
HVhj2mpHSp3msBut the otherH2063
HVqrfsa"Let it beH1961
Then the kingH4428
HTdHVqsmsaand in noH3808
HPp3fsisthe mother of it."H517
HToof the judgmentH4941
HVqp3msAnd they fearedH3372
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved