2. Who have been chosen according to the predetermined knowledge of God the Father, by sanctification through the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied to you.
4. Unto an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and unfading, reserved in heaven for us,
5. Who are being safeguarded by the power of God through faith, for salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
7. In order that the proving of your faith, which is much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is being tested by fire, may be found unto praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
8. Whom, not having seen, you love; in Whom, though at the present time you do not see Him, you believe, and rejoice with unspeakable joy, and filled with glory;
9. And are receiving the end of your faith—even the salvation of your souls;
11. Searching into what way and what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them was indicating, testifying beforehand of the sufferings of Christ, and these glories that would follow;
12. To whom it was revealed that, not for themselves, but to us they were ministering these things, which now have been announced to you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit, sent from heaven—into which things the angels desire to look.
15. But according as He Who has called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct;
16. For it is written, “You be holy because I am holy.”
17. And if you call upon the Father, Who judges according to each man’s work without respect of persons, pass the time of your life’s journey in the fear of God;
19. But by the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot;
20. Who truly was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but was manifested in these last times for your sakes;
21. Even for you who through Him do believe in God, Who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope might be in God.
22. Having purified your lives by obedience to the Truth unto unfeigned brotherly love through the Spirit, love one another fervently with a pure heart.
24. For all flesh is like grass, and all the glory of man is like the flower of the field; the grass has withered, and its flower has fallen away.
25. But the Word of the Lord endures forever; and this is the message that was preached to you through the gospel.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved