1. Consequently, since Christ has suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind because the one who has suffered in the flesh has finished living in sin
2. To this end: that he no longer live his remaining time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3. For the past time of our lives is sufficient to have worked out the will of the Gentiles, when we ourselves walked in licentiousness and lusts, and were debauched with wine, carousing, drinking and wanton idolatries.
4. In seeing this difference in your behavior, they are astonished that you do not rush with them into the same overflowing debauchery, and they revile you.
5. But they shall render an account to Him Who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
6. And for this purpose the gospel was preached to those who have died so that, although in the flesh they may in fact have been judged according to men’s standards, on the other hand, they might live according to God’s will in the Spirit.
8. But above all, have fervent love among yourselves because love will cover a multitude of sins.
9. Be hospitable to one another without complaining.
10. Let each one, according as he has received a gift from God, be using it to serve the others as good stewards of the grace of God which manifests itself in various ways.
11. If anyone speaks, let it be as the words of God; if anyone serves, let it be as from the strength which God supplies; so that in everything, God may be glorified through Jesus Christ to Whom is the glory and the power into the ages of eternity. Amen.
13. But to the degree that you have a share in the sufferings of Christ, rejoice; so that, at the revelation of His glory, you also may rejoice exceedingly.
14. If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed because the Spirit of glory and the Spirit of God is resting upon you; on their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.
15. Assuredly, let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evil doer, or as an overlording busybody in other people’s lives.
16. Yet if anyone is suffering as a Christian, he should not be ashamed; but let him glorify God because of this,
18. And if the righteous are saved with much difficulty, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?
19. For this reason also, let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in well doing, as to a faithful Creator.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved