1. Consequently, since Christ has suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind because the one who has suffered in the flesh has finished living in sin
2. To this end: that he no longer live his remaining time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3. For the past time of our lives is sufficient to have worked out the will of the Gentiles, when we ourselves walked in licentiousness and lusts, and were debauched with wine, carousing, drinking and wanton idolatries.
4. In seeing this difference in your behavior, they are astonished that you do not rush with them into the same overflowing debauchery, and they revile you.
5. But they shall render an account to Him Who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
6. And for this purpose the gospel was preached to those who have died so that, although in the flesh they may in fact have been judged according to men’s standards, on the other hand, they might live according to God’s will in the Spirit.
8. But above all, have fervent love among yourselves because love will cover a multitude of sins.
9. Be hospitable to one another without complaining.
10. Let each one, according as he has received a gift from God, be using it to serve the others as good stewards of the grace of God which manifests itself in various ways.
11. If anyone speaks, let it be as the words of God; if anyone serves, let it be as from the strength which God supplies; so that in everything, God may be glorified through Jesus Christ to Whom is the glory and the power into the ages of eternity. Amen.
13. But to the degree that you have a share in the sufferings of Christ, rejoice; so that, at the revelation of His glory, you also may rejoice exceedingly.
14. If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed because the Spirit of glory and the Spirit of God is resting upon you; on their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.
15. Assuredly, let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evil doer, or as an overlording busybody in other people’s lives.
16. Yet if anyone is suffering as a Christian, he should not be ashamed; but let him glorify God because of this,
18. And if the righteous are saved with much difficulty, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?
19. For this reason also, let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in well doing, as to a faithful Creator.
P-1GPin the flesh,G4561
CONJthe one whoG3588
To this end: thatG1519
N-DSFto the lustsG1939
CONJto the willG2307
A-NSMto have worked outG2716
N-GPNwhen we ourselves walkedG4198
N-DPFand were debauchedG3632
R-DSNdifference in your behavior, they are astonishedG3579
PRT-Nrush with themG4936
N-GSFand they revile you.G987
D-ASNthe gospel was preachedG2097
CONJto those who have diedG3498
CONJalthough in thefleshG4561
N-DSFthey may in fact have been judgedG2919
N-APMstandards, on the other hand,G1161
CONJthey might liveG2198
N-ASMwill in theSpirit.G4151
N-NSNof all thingsG3956
A-GPNhas drawn near.G1448
CONJhe has receivedG2983
N-ASNfrom God, be using itG846
N-NPMof the graceG5485
N-GSMwhich manifests itselfin various ways.G4164
V-PAI-3Slet it beasG5613
V-PAI-3Slet it beasG5613
N-NSMmay be glorifiedG1392
PRT-Nbe surprised atG3579
PREPis taking placeG1096
CONJif some strangeG3581
A-GSNthing were happeningG4819
CONJto the degree thatG2526
CONJyou have a shareG2841
CONJyou are reviledG3679
P-APMHe is blasphemed,G987
P-2APHe is glorified.G1392
CONJan evil doer,G2555
CONJan overlording busybody in other people's lives.G244
CONJanyone is suffering asG5613
N-NSM-The should notG3361
CONJlet him glorifyG1392
T-ASNhas come forjudgmentG2917
N-NSNof those whoG3588
T-GPMdo not obeyG544
V-PPI-3Swith much difficulty,G3433
ADV-Iwill become ofG5316
CONJthis reason also,G2532
CONJlet those whoG3588
N-APFto Him inG1722
ADVto a faithfulG4103
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved