1. And Samuel took a vial of oil and poured it upon his head, and kissed him, and said, “Is it not because the LORD has anointed you for a prince over His inheritance?
2. When you have departed from me today, then you shall find two men by Rachel’s tomb in the border of Benjamin at Zelzah. And they will say to you, ‘The donkeys which you went to seek are found. And, lo, your father has quit caring for the donkeys and sorrows for you, saying, “What shall I do for my son?” ’
3. And you shall go forward from there, and you shall come to the great tree of Tabor. And there you shall meet three men going up to God to Bethel, one carrying three kids, and another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a skin of wine.
4. And they will greet you and give you two loaves of bread, which you shall take from their hand.
5. After that you shall come to the hill of God, where the garrison of the Philistines is. And it will come to pass when you come there to the city, even you shall meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a harp and a drum and a pipe and a lyre before them. And they shall prophesy.
6. And the Spirit of the LORD will come powerfully upon you, and you shall prophesy with them, and shall be changed into a different man.
7. And it will be that when these signs have come to you, you will do for yourself whatever your hand finds—for God is with you.
8. And you shall go down before me to Gilgal. And, behold, I will come down to you to offer burnt offerings and to sacrifice peace offerings. You shall stay seven days until I come to you and make known to you what you shall do.”
9. And it came to pass when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God changed him with another heart. And all those signs came to pass on that day.
10. And when they came there to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him. And the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.
11. And it came to pass when all who knew him before saw him, behold, he prophesied among the prophets. And the people said to one another, “What is this that has happened to the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?”
12. And a man from there answered and said, “And who is their father?” Therefore it became a proverb, “Is Saul also among the prophets?”
13. And he finished from prophesying, and he came to the high place.
14. And Saul’s uncle said to him and to his young man, “Where did you go?” And he said, “To look for the donkeys. And when we saw that they were nowhere, we came to Samuel.”
15. And Saul’s uncle said, “Please tell me what Samuel said to you.”
16. And Saul said to his uncle, “He told us plainly that the donkeys were found.” But he did not tell him of the matter of the kingdom of which Samuel spoke.
17. And Samuel called the people together to the LORD to Mizpeh.
18. And he said to the children of Israel, “Thus says the LORD God of Israel, ‘I brought up Israel out of Egypt, and delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all kingdoms of those who oppressed you.
19. And you have this day rejected your God Who Himself saved you out of all your calamities and your tribulations. And you have said to Him, ‘But set a king over us.’ And now present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes and by your thousands.”
20. And when Samuel had caused all the tribes of Israel to come near, the tribe of Benjamin was taken.
21. When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families, the family of Matri was taken, and Saul the son of Kish was taken. And they looked for him, but he could not be found.
22. And they inquired of the LORD further, “Has the man yet come here?” And the LORD answered, “Behold, he is hiding himself among the baggage.”
23. And they ran and brought him from there. And when he stood among the people, he was taller than all of the people from the shoulders and upward.
24. And Samuel said to all the people, “Do you see him whom the LORD has chosen, that there is none like him among all the people?” And all the people shouted, and said, “Long live the king!”
26. And Saul also went home to Gibeah. And a band of men went with him whose hearts God had touched.
27. But certain base men said, “How shall this man save us?” And they despised him and brought him no present. But he was silent.
HNcmscHSp3msand kissed him,H5401
HCHVqw3ms"Is it notH3808
HCthe LORD hasH3068
HVqp3msHSp2msfor a princeH5057
When you have departedH3212
HTdHNcmsathen you shall findH4672
HNcfscin the borderH1366
HRHNpAnd they will sayH559
HNcmpcfor the donkeysH860
HTishall I doH6213
HVqi1csfor my son?"’H1121
And you shall goH2498
HRHDand you shall comeH935
HRthe great treeH436
HDyou shall meetH4672
And they willH7592
HNcbsawhich you shall takeH3947
HCHVqq2msfrom their hand.H3027
HTmyou shall comeH935
HVqi2msto the hillH1389
HNcmpcof the PhilistinesH6430
HNgmpais. And it will come to passH1961
HCHVqi3mswhen you comeH935
HDto the city,H5892
HTdHNcfsaeven you shall meetH6293
HVqrmpafrom the high placeH1116
HRHTdHNcfsawith a harpH5035
HNcmsaand a drumH8596
HCHNcmsaand a pipeH2485
HCHNcmsaand a lyreH3658
And the SpiritH7307
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HNpwill come powerfullyH6743
HRHSp2msand you shall prophesyH5012
HRHSp3mpand shall be changedH2015
HCHVNq2msinto a differentH376
And it will beH1961
HRHSp2msyou will doH6213
And you shall go downH3381
HPp1cswill come downH3381
HNcmpcYou shall stayH3176
HRHSp2msand make knownH3045
HTryou shall do."H6213
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqp3mswhen he had turnedH6437
HTdHNcbpacame to passH935
And when they cameH935
HDto the hill,H1389
HRHVqcHSp3msAnd the SpiritH7307
HRHSp3msand he prophesiedH5012
And it came to passH1961
HNcmscwho knew himH3045
HNcmpaAnd the peopleH5971
HPdxmsthat has happenedH1961
HVqp3msto the sonH1121
HTiHDamong the prophets?"H5030
And a manH376
HTiHDamong the prophets?"H5030
HCHRhis young man,H5288
HTidid you go?"H1980
HVqp2mpAnd he said,H559
HCHVqw3ms"To look forH1245
HTdHNcfpaAnd when we sawH7200
HCHTohe did notH3808
HRHSp3msof the matterH1697
HNcmscof the kingdomH4410
And he saidH559
HNpout of Egypt,H4714
HToHSp2mpout of the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the Egyptians,H4714
HNpand out of the handH3027
HTdHNcfpaof those who oppressedH3905
HCHPp2mphave this dayH3117
HRHSp2mpout of allH3605
HNcfpcHSp2mpand your tribulations.H6869
HCHNcfpcHSp2mpAnd you have saidH559
HNpby your tribesH7626
HRHNcmpcHSp2mpand by your thousands."H505
HToWhen he had caused the tribeH7626
HNpto come nearH7126
HCHVhw3msby their families,H4940
HCHVNw3msAnd they looked for him,H1245
HCHVpw3mpHSp3msbut he could notH3808
And they inquiredH7592
HCHVqw3mpof the LORDH3068
HD"Has the manH376
HDAnd the LORDH3068
HTmhe is hidingH2244
And they ranH7323
HCHVqw3mpand brought himH3947
HRHDAnd when he stoodH3320
HTdHNcmsahe was tallerH1361
HRHNcmscof the peopleH5971
HTdHNcmsafrom the shouldersH7926
HTdHNcmsa"Do you seeH7200
HNcmscof the kingdom,H4410
HCHVqw3msitin a bookH5612
HRdHNcmsaand laid it upH3240
HNcmsato his house.H1004
HNpHSdAnd a band of menH2428
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved