2. We give thanks to God always concerning all of you, making mention of you in our prayers.
4. Knowing your election, brethren, as you are beloved by God.
5. For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit, and with great conviction; even as you know what sort of men we were among you for your sake.
6. And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, having accepted the Word in much persecution with the joy of the Holy Spirit,
7. So that you became examples to all those in Macedonia and Achaia who are believers.
8. For the Word of the Lord has sounded forth from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but in every other place also your faith toward God has spread abroad, so that there is no need for us to say anything;
9. Because they themselves are relating how readily you received us when we first visited you, and how you turned from idols to God, to serve the living and true God,
10. And to await His Son from the heavens, Whom He raised from the dead— Jesus, Who is delivering us from the coming wrath.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved