1. Now then, concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, there is no need that I write to you;
2. For you yourselves understand perfectly that the day of the Lord will come exactly as a thief comes by night.
3. For when they say, “Peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them, as travail comes upon a woman who is with child; and they shall by no means escape.
4. But you, brethren, are not in darkness that the day of the Lord should overtake you as a thief.
5. For you are all children of the light and children of the day; we are not of the night, nor of the darkness.
6. So then, we should not sleep, as others do; but we should watch, and we should be sober.
7. For those who are sleeping sleep in the night, and those who are drunken get drunk in the night.
8. But we who are of the day should be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation,
9. Because God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10. Who died for us, so that whether we remain alive until He comes or we fall asleep before that day, together we may live forever with Him.
11. Therefore, encourage one another, and edify one another, even as you are already doing.
12. Now we beseech you, brethren, to acknowledge those who are laboring among you, and are overseeing you, and are instructing you in the Lord,
13. And to greatly respect them in love for the sake of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.
14. Now we encourage you, brethren, to admonish those who are irresponsible, console the fainthearted, support the weak, be patient toward everyone.
15. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone; but always be pursuing what is good, both toward one another and toward all men.
16. Rejoice always!
17. Pray unceasingly.
18. Give thanks in everything, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19. Quench not the Spirit.
20. Despise not prophecies.
22. Abstain from every form of wickedness.
23. Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly; and may your entire spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24. Faithful is He Who calls you, Who will also perform it.
25. Brethren, pray for us.
26. Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
28. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. The first epistle to the Thessalonians, written from Athens (see explanation)
N-ASFthat I writeG1125
N-NSFof the LordG2962
N-NSMwill come uponG2186
PREPa woman whoG3588
T-DSFis with child;G1064
CONJthey shall by noG3756
N-NSFof the Lord should overtakeG2638
N-NPMof the lightG5457
N-NPMof the day;G2250
PRT-Nof the night,G3571
CONJ-Nof the darkness.G4655
CONJwe should notG3361
CONJwe should watch,G1127
CONJwe should be sober.G3525
V-PXP-NPMof the dayG2250
N-GSFshould be sober,G3525
V-PAS-1Phaving put onG1746
CONJfor a helmetG4030
CONJwe remain aliveG1127
V-PAS-1Puntil He comes orG1535
CONJwe fall asleepG2518
V-PAS-1Pbefore that day, togetherG260
ADVwe may liveG2198
CONJto greatly respectG2233
N-DSFfor the sakeG5228
N-ASNBe at peaceG1514
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved