1. I exhort, therefore, first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made on behalf of all men;
2. For kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and respectability.
3. For this is good and acceptable before God our Savior,
4. Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men—the Man Christ Jesus,
6. Who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony of which is to be preached in its appointed times.
7. For this purpose I was ordained a preacher and an apostle (I speak the truth in Christ—I do not lie), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
8. Therefore, I desire that men everywhere pray, lifting up holy hands without anger and evil opinions.
9. In like manner also, let the women adorn themselves with clothing that shows modesty and discretion, not with elaborate braidings of the hair, or with gold, or pearls, or expensive apparel;
10. But with that which is fitting for women who profess to have reverence for God—with good works.
11. Let a woman learn in quietness and be submissive in every respect.
12. For I do not permit a woman to teach, nor to exercise authority over man, but to be in quietness.
13. For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14. And Adam was not deceived;Adam knowingly sinned but the woman came to be in transgression by being deceived.
15. But she shall be saved through the childbearing, if they continue in faith and love and sanctification with self-control.
V-PENon behalf ofG5228
N-DSFin order thatG2443
CONJwe may leadG1236
N-APMto be savedG4982
N-ASFof the truth.G225
CONJthere is oneG1520
F-3ASMas a ransomG487
T-NSNtestimony of which is to be preachedG3142
N-NSNin its appointedG2398
N-DSMI do notG3756
N-NSMof the GentilesG1484
In like mannerG5615
N-DSFthat shows modestyG2887
PREPelaborate braidings of the hair,G4117
CONJwith that whichG3739
V-PNP-DPFto have reverence for God—G2317
Let a womanG1135
N-DSFand be submissiveG5292
CONJI do notG3756
CONJ-Nto exercise authorityG831
N-NSFcame to beG1096
N-DSFby being deceived.G538
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved