1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of the Lord Jesus Christ, Who is our hope,
2. To Timothy, my true son in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. When I was going to Macedonia, I exhorted you to remain in Ephesus, in order that you might solemnly charge some not to teach other doctrines;
5. Now the purpose of the commandment is love out of a pure heart, and a good conscience, and genuine faith;
6. From which some, having missed the mark, have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7. Desiring to be teachers of the law, neither understanding what they are saying, nor what they are strongly affirming.
9. Understanding this: that law is not enacted for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for slayers of fathers and slayers of mothers, for murderers,
10. For fornicators, for homosexuals, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and for any other thing that is opposed to sound doctrine;
12. And I thank Jesus Christ our Lord, Who has empowered me, that He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry,
13. Who was previously a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent person; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
14. But the grace of our Lord abounded exceedingly with the faith and love that is in Christ Jesus.
15. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of full acceptance: that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
16. But for this reason I was shown mercy in order that in me first Jesus Christ might demonstrate all longsuffering, for an example to those who would afterwards believe on Him unto eternal life.
17. Now to the King of eternity, the incorruptible, invisible, and only wise God, be honor and glory into the ages of eternity. Amen.
18. This charge I am personally committing to you, my son Timothy, in accordance with the prophecies that were made long ago concerning you; in order that by them you yourself might wage a good war,
19. Holding to the faith and a good conscience. For some, having cast aside a good conscience, have made shipwreck in regard to the faith;
20. Of whom are Hymeneus and Alexander, whom I turned over to Satan in order that they may learn not to blaspheme.
CONJof the LordG2962
CONJI was goingG4198
N-DSF-Lin order thatG2443
CONJyou might solemnly chargeG3853
PRT-Nto teach other doctrines;G2085
CONJto pay attentionG4337
V-PXNteachers of the law,G3547
R-APNthey are saying,G3004
I-GPNthey are strongly affirming.G1226
V-PNI-3Sfor a righteous man,G1342
CONJfor the lawlessG459
A-DPMfor the ungodlyG765
A-DPMfor the unholyG462
A-DPMfor slayers of fathersG3964
CONJslayers of mothers,G3389
CONJa violent person;G5197
CONJI obtained mercyG1653
T-NSMis a faithfulG4103
PREPI was shown mercyG1653
V-API-1Sin order thatG2443
N-ASFto those whoG3588
N-ASFI am personally committingG3908
N-VSM-Pin accordance withG2596
N-APFthat were made long agoG4254
P-2ASin order thatG2443
P-DPFyou yourself might wageG4754
V-PAP-NSMto the faithG4102
X-NPMhaving cast asideG683
V-ADP-NPMa good conscience, have made shipwreckG3489
V-AAI-3Pin regard toG4012
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved