2. Do not let those who have believing masters despise them because they are brethren; rather, let them serve them even better, because they are believing and beloved who are being helped by the good service. These things teach and exhort.
3. If anyone teaches any different doctrine, and does not adhere to sound words, even those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the doctrine that is according to godliness,
4. He is proud and knows nothing. Rather, he has a morbid attraction to questions and disputes over words, from which come envy, arguments, blasphemy, wicked suspicions,
5. Vain reasonings of men who have been corrupted in their minds and are destitute of the truth—men who believe that gain is godliness. From such withdraw yourself.
6. But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7. For we brought nothing into the world, and it is evident that neither do we have the power to carry anything out of the world.
8. But having food and clothing, we should be satisfied with these,
9. For those who desire to become rich fall into temptation and a snare, and many foolish and hurtful lusts, which cause men to sink into destruction and perdition.
10. For the love of money is a root of all evils; by which some, while striving after riches, were seduced from the faith, and have impaled themselves with many sorrows.
11. But you, O man of God, flee these things, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and meekness.
12. Fight the good fight of the faith! Take hold of eternal life to which you were also called, and did profess a good profession in the presence of many witnesses.
13. I charge you in the sight of God, Who gives life to every living thing, and Jesus Christ, Who in testifying before Pontius Pilate gave the exemplary profession of faith,
14. That you keep this commandment without fault and without rebuke until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ;
15. Which in His own times the blessed and only Sovereign will make known, the King of kings and Lord of lords;
16. Who alone has immortality, dwelling in light which no man can approach; Whom no man has seen, nor has the ability to see; to Whom belong eternal honor and power. Amen.
17. Charge those who are rich in this present age not to be high minded, nor to put their hope in the uncertainty of riches; but to put their hope in the living God, Who abundantly gives us all things for our enjoyment;
18. To do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous in giving, to be ready to share;
19. Treasuring up for themselves a good foundation for the future, so that they may lay hold on eternal life.
20. O Timothy, guard the doctrine which has been entrusted to you, avoiding profane, empty babblings, and contradictions of false knowledge that is called science;
21. Through which some, who are personally professing these false views, have missed the mark concerning the faith. Grace be with you. Amen.The first epistle to Timothy, written from Laodicea, which is the chief city of Phrygia, the Pacatiana (see explanation)
Let as manyG3745
CONJlet them serveG1398
V-PAM-3Pthem even better,G3123
T-NPMare being helpedG482
X-NSMteaches any different doctrine,G2085
T-DSFis according toG2596
He is proudG5187
CONJhe has a morbid attractionG3552
CONJdisputes over words,G3055
N-GPMwho have been corruptedG1311
N-GSFmen who believeG3543
N-ASMand it is evidentG1212
CONJ-Ndo we have the powerG1410
V-PNI-1Pto carry anything outG1627
V-2AANof the world.G5100
V-PNP-NPMto become richG4147
T-NSFlove of moneyG5365
X-NPMwhile striving after riches,G3713
R-ASFyou were alsoG2532
N-ASFin the presenceG1799
P-2DSin the sightG1799
T-APNevery living thing,G3956
A-ASFand without rebukeG423
R-ASFin His ownG2398
N-NSMwill make known,G1166
N-ASNwhich no manG3762
V-PNI-3Sthe ability to see;G1492
T-DPMwho are richG4145
PRT-Nto be high minded,G5309
CONJto put their hopeG1679
CONJto put their hope inG1722
CONJthey may lay holdG1949
V-AAM-2Sthe doctrine whichG3588
T-ASFhas been entrustedG3872
N-ASFto you, avoidingG1624
T-GSFof false knowledge that is calledG5581
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved