1. Do not sharply rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, and younger men as brothers.
2. Exhort older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with all purity.
3. Show honor to widows who are indeed widows by providing for their needs;
4. But if any widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to fulfill their obligation to their own household, and to render recompense to their parents. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God.
5. Now she who is a widow indeed, and who is alone in the world, has her hope in God, and continues in supplications and prayers night and day.
6. But the one who is living for selfgratification is dead while she lives.
7. Now these things command that they may be blameless.
8. But if anyone does not provide for his own needy relatives—and especially members of his household—he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
9. Let a widow be put on the list for assistance if she is not less than sixty years of age, if she has been the wife of one husband,
10. If she has a good report for her good works, if she has brought up children, if she has shown hospitality to strangers, if she has washed the saints’ feet, if she has given relief to those who were afflicted, if she has devoted herself to every good work.
11. But refuse to put the younger widows on the list, for when sensuous impulses draw them away from Christ, they desire to marry,
12. Bringing judgment upon themselves because they have set aside their first faith.
13. And besides this, they also learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and they not only become idle, but they also become talebearers and busybodies, speaking things that ought not be spoken.
14. Therefore, I wish the younger women to marry, to bear children, to manage the household, and to give no occasion to the adversary to bring a reproach;
15. For some have already turned aside to follow Satan.
16. If any believer, man or woman, has relatives who are widows, let him or her impart relief to them, and do not let the church bear the burden in order that it may impart relief to those widows who are truly alone in the world.
19. Do not receive an accusation against an elder, except on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
20. Those elders who sin should be corrected in the presence of all in order that the others also may fear.
21. I charge you before God and the Lord Jesus Christ and the elect angels, that you observe these things without prejudice, and let nothing be done by partiality.
23. No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.
24. Some men’s sins are open to public view, going before to judgment; and some men’s sins follow after.
25. In a similar manner also, the good works of some are openly seen; and those that are otherwise cannot be hidden.
A-APNlet them firstG4412
V-PAM-3Pto fulfill their obligationG2151
A-NSNin the sight ofG1799
T-NSFis a widowG5503
CONJwho is aloneG3443
V-RPP-NSFin the world, has her hopeG1679
A-GPMneedy relatives— andG2532
T-GPMmembers of his household—G3609
A-GPMhe has deniedG720
Let a widowG5503
A-NSFbe put on the listG2639
V-PPM-3Sfor assistance if she isG1096
N-GPNof age, if she has been the wifeG1135
If she has a goodG2570
PREPher good works,G2041
CONJshe has brought up children,G5044
CONJshe has shown hospitality to strangers,G3580
CONJshe has washedG3538
CONJshe has given reliefG1884
V-AAI-3Sto those who were afflicted,G2346
CONJshe has devoted herselfG1872
V-PNM-2Sto put the youngerG3501
A-APFon the list, forG1063
CONJsensuous impulses draw them awayG2691
V-PAI-3Pto be idle,G692
T-APFhouse to house;G3614
V-PNI-1Sthe younger womenG3501
V-PANto bear children,G5041
V-PANto manage the household,G3616
V-PANand to giveG1325
PREPbring a reproach;G3059
V-PAI-3Srelatives who are widows,G5503
A-APFlet him or her impart reliefG1884
N-NSFbear the burdenG916
V-PPM-3Sin order thatG2443
CONJit may impart reliefG1884
A-DPFwho are truly alone in the world.G3689
A-NPMwho are leadingG4291
ADVbe counted worthyG515
V-PAI-3S"You shall notG3756
N-ASMtreading out the corn,"G248
PRT-Non the testimony ofG1909
Those elders whoG3588
V-PAP-APMshould be correctedG1651
V-PAM-2Sin the presence ofG1799
A-GPMin order thatG2443
N-GSNand let nothingG3367
Do not be quickG5030
ADVto lay handsG5495
V-PAM-2Sin the sinsG266
ADVdrink only water,G5202
V-PXI-3Popen to public view,G4271
X-DPMmen's sins follow after.G1872
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved