2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy, their consciences having been cauterized with a hot iron;
4. For every creature of God designated for human consumption is good, and nothing to be refused, if it is received with thanksgiving,
5. Because it is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer.
6. If you are teaching these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Jesus Christ, being nourished by the words of the faith and of the good doctrines that you have closely followed.
7. But refuse profane and old wives’ fables; rather, exercise yourself unto godliness.
8. For physical exercise is profitable for a short time; but godliness is profitable for everything, having the promise of life—of the life that now is, and of the life that is coming.
10. Now it is for this reason that we are laboring, and we are personally suffering reproach because we have hope in the living God, Who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who are believers.
11. These things command and teach.
12. Do not allow anyone to despise your youth; but be an example to the believers— in word, in conduct, in love, in Spirit, in faith and in purity.
14. Do not neglect the spiritual gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the elderhood.
15. Meditate on these things; give yourself wholly to them so that your growth in the faith may be apparent to all.
16. Be diligent with yourself and with the doctrines; continue in them. For in doing this, you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved