1. Now the Spirit tells us explicitly that in the latter times some shall apostatize from the faith, and shall follow deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons;
2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy, their consciences having been cauterized with a hot iron;
3. Forbidding to marry; and commanding to abstain from meats, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by the faithful, even by those who know the truth.
4. For every creature of God designated for human consumption is good, and nothing to be refused, if it is received with thanksgiving,
5. Because it is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer.
6. If you are teaching these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Jesus Christ, being nourished by the words of the faith and of the good doctrines that you have closely followed.
7. But refuse profane and old wives’ fables; rather, exercise yourself unto godliness.
8. For physical exercise is profitable for a short time; but godliness is profitable for everything, having the promise of life—of the life that now is, and of the life that is coming.
9. This saying is faithful and worthy of full acceptance.
10. Now it is for this reason that we are laboring, and we are personally suffering reproach because we have hope in the living God, Who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who are believers.
11. These things command and teach.
12. Do not allow anyone to despise your youth; but be an example to the believers— in word, in conduct, in love, in Spirit, in faith and in purity.
13. Until I come, devote yourself to reading, to encouragement, and to doctrine.
14. Do not neglect the spiritual gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the elderhood.
15. Meditate on these things; give yourself wholly to them so that your growth in the faith may be apparent to all.
16. Be diligent with yourself and with the doctrines; continue in them. For in doing this, you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
N-ASFhaving been cauterized with a hot iron;G2743
CONJcommanding to abstainG567
A-DPMeven by those who knowG1921
N-GSMdesignated for human consumption is good,G2570
A-NSNto be refused,G579
A-NSNif it is receivedG2983
CONJit is sanctifiedG37
If you are teachingG5294
N-DPMyou will beG2071
R-DSFyou have closely followed.G3877
N-GSFof the life thatG3588
CONJof the life thatG3588
Now it is forG1519
CONJwe are laboring,G2872
CONJwe are personally suffering reproachG3679
CONJwe have hopeG1679
ADVof those who are believers.G4103
Do not allow anyoneG3367
T-DSFand to doctrine.G1319
N-GSNthat is inG1722
PREPthe laying onG1936
V-PAM-2Son these things;G5023
T-NSFgrowth in the faithG4297
D-ASNyou will saveG4982
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved