1. Then Rehoboam came to Jerusalem and gathered a hundred and eighty thousand chosen warriors from the house of Judah to fight against Israel, so that he might bring the kingdom again to Rehoboam.
2. But the Word of the LORD came to Shemaiah the man of God, saying,
3. “Speak to Rehoboam the son of Solomon, king of Judah, and to all Israel in Judah and Benjamin, saying,
4. ‘Thus says the LORD, “You shall not go up nor fight against your brethren. Let every man return to his house, for this thing is done by Me.” ‘ ” And they obeyed the words of the LORD and returned from going against Jeroboam.
5. And Rehoboam lived in Jerusalem and built cities for defense in Judah.
6. And he built Bethlehem, and Etam, and Tekoa,
7. And Beth Zur, and Sochoh, and Adullam,
8. And Gath, and Mareshah, and Ziph,
9. And Adoraim, and Lachish, and Azekah,
10. And Zorah, and Aijalon, and Hebron, which are in Judah and in Benjamin, fortified cities.
11. And he fortified the strongholds and put commanders in them, and stores of food, and of oil and wine.
12. And he put in each separate city shields and spears, and made them very strong, and Judah and Benjamin were his.
13. And the priests and the Levites in all Israel presented themselves to him out of all their borders.
14. And the Levites left their open lands and their possessions, and came to Judah and Jerusalem, for Jeroboam and his sons had cast them off so that they could not execute the priests’ office unto the LORD.
15. For he ordained priests for himself for the high places, and for the demons, and for the golden calves which he had made.
16. And after the Levites had left, then those who gave their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel, out of all the tribes of Israel, came to Jerusalem to sacrifice to the LORD God of their fathers.
17. And they made the kingdom of Judah stronger and made Rehoboam the son of Solomon strong for three years. For three years they walked in the way of David and Solomon.
18. And Rehoboam took Mahalath the daughter of Jerimoth the son of David as a wife for himself, and Abihail the daughter of Eliab the son of Jesse,
19. Who bore him sons, Jeush, and Shamariah, and Zaham.
20. And after her he took Maachah She is called Michaiah the daughter of Uriel in 2 Chr. 13:2 the granddaughter of Absalom, who bore Abijah to him, and Attai, and Ziza, and Shelomith.
21. And Rehoboam loved Maachah the daughter of Absalom above all his wives and his concubines (for he took eighteen wives and sixty concubines, and had twenty-eight sons and sixty daughters).
22. And Rehoboam made Abijah the son of Maachah the chief, to be ruler among his brethren in order to make him king.
23. And he dealt wisely and dispersed all his sons throughout all the lands of Judah and Benjamin to all the fortified cities. And he gave them food in abundance. And he demanded many wives for them.
HTofrom the houseH1004
HNpso that he might bringH7725
HTdHNcfsaagain to Rehoboam.H7346
HNp"You shall notH3808
HNcmpcHSp2mpLet every manH376
HVqv2mpto his house,H1004
HRHRHSp1cs' " And they obeyedH8085
HNcmpcof the LORDH3068
And he fortifiedH2388
HNcmsaand of oilH8081
And he put in eachH3605
HCHNcmpaand made them veryH7235
And the priestsH3548
HCHTdHNcmpaand the LevitesH3881
HRHSp3msout of allH3605
And the LevitesH3881
HTotheir open landsH4054
HNcmpcHSp3mpand their possessions,H272
HNpand his sonsH1121
HCHNcmpcHSp3mshad cast them offH2186
HCthey could not execute the priests' officeH3547
HRHVpcunto the LORD.H3068
For he ordainedH5975
HRHSp3msfor the high places,H1116
HRdHNcfpaand for the demons,H8163
HCHRdHNcmpaand for the golden calvesH5695
HTrhe had made.H6213
HCHRHSp3mpthe Levites had left, then those who gaveH5414
HNpout of allH3605
HRHVqcto the LORDH3068
HNcmpcof their fathers.H1
HToAnd they made the kingdomH4438
HToand made RehoboamH7346
HVqp3cpin the wayH1870
HNpas a wifeH802
And after herH310
HNpthe grand daughterH1323
HNcfpcHSp3msand his concubinesH6370
HRHNcmsaamong his brethrenH251
HCto make him king.H4427
And he dealt wiselyH995
HNcfpcAnd he gaveH5414
HRHNcbsaAnd he demandedH7592
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved